PDA

View Full Version : walker wagon more questions: Haba? Radio Flyer? Brio? Babystyle?

cwb1942
11-25-2006, 04:55 PM
I have read the other threads on walker wagons but I still have a few questions!

I am looking into buying a walker wagon for my 16 month old grandchild. She isn't walking yet but I think she will grow into this toy soon after Christmas.

1. If you have the Radio Flyer walker wagon, what do you think about its manueverability? It just looks like it might be hard to steer. And the handlebar position seems odd: it doesn't extend away from the body of the wagon at all.

2. Anyone know of a good deal on the Haba walker wagons, especially the car one?

3. The third option is the Brio Toddler Wobble Wagon--any thoughts?

4. One last one: Baby bargains has a very cute pink wagon on nice big wheels, but it says 3 yrs and up--any experience with this one? It's the "Classic Cruiser Pink Trolley."

Thanks so much!!

Tondi G
11-25-2006, 06:30 PM
If you have a Costco near you and are a member they had a cool walker wagon for a great price.... might be worth looking at! The price was better in the store than it is online!

http://www.costco.com/Browse/Product.aspx?Prodid=11167504&whse=BC&Ne=4000000&N=4016191&Mo=34&pos=0&No=13&Nr=P_CatalogName:BC&cat=55534&Ns=P_Price|1||P_SignDesc1&Sp=C&ec=&topnav=

cwb1942
11-25-2006, 09:38 PM
Thanks Tondi G, the Costco walker is really cute, but I am looking for something with more open space to cart things around. Still hoping to hear some feedback on the other models...

C99
11-25-2006, 11:45 PM
I got the Radio Flyer Walker Wagon for my DS when he was just shy of 1. He and my DD used it, but really, only sparingly. DS used it more when he was older - he and his friends used to push each other in it. I really wouldn't buy another one.

IKEA has a nice open wagon with big sturdy wheels and a handle. DS played with this every time we were in IKEA when he was younger and if I had known about it, I would have spent $25 on that rather than more money on one of the bigger names. ETA: It's the EKORRE toddle wagon.
http://tinyurl.com/yb4ou2

Alice523
11-26-2006, 12:49 AM
My DS has had the RF Walker Wagon since 10 months and he's in love with it. We call it his "go go wagon" because he loves to say, "Go! Go! Go!" as he pushes it around. He climbs inside and holds the handlebar and shakes it back and forth, he sits in it, and we push him in it. He pushes it on the backside (it has a plastic bumper) while crawling on his knees. It has been a lot of fun for him. It only goes in a straight line, but that hasn't been a problem for us. We haven't found the handlebar to be in an odd position at all - he doesn't kick the wagon as he walks or anything. He is walking now at 11.5 months but he started with it when he was still cruising. Good luck with your decision!

Joolsplus2
11-26-2006, 09:09 AM
I got the RF one from Amazon for only $54, so the price was right. It's very high quality and sturdy. DD is 10 months now and just now beginning to take a few steps behind it. Mostly it's used as her toybox in the family room. The plastic clacker bits make it pretty loud (they are plastic pegs that keep the wheels from spinning freely so it goes kind of slower). 2 yo friends who come to play have lots of fun pushing it around :)
Julie CPS Tech and mom to 3 in seats
http://www.cpsafety.com/articles/RFAlbum/SarahMA.aspx

KrystalS
11-26-2006, 10:23 AM
If you decide on the radio flyer wagon babycenter has it for 63.99 with $7 shipping, and I think theres a $10 off code on the bargains board. It's not as good as the amazon deal was but its the best price I have found. I tried combining codes to get the $10 and free shipping, but I couldn't get it to work.