PDA

View Full Version : How do you hang your Christmas Ornaments?

Lovingliv
11-25-2006, 08:24 PM
Well, we just got our tree and pulled out all the decorations. Before the little one, we just used hooks...but I am guessing that is not the wisest way to do things this year.
Any suggestions besides ribbon????
TIA

hudsonam
11-25-2006, 08:30 PM
We used the hooks even with DS around because we never leave him unattended around the tree anyway, since he'd probably pull every single ornament off. I'm not sure if there are more baby-proof methods or not.

Lovingliv
11-25-2006, 08:38 PM
Ughh....our Christmas tree room is the living room....and I do sometimes let her play there....especially when I am cooking. But that probably is not a good idea...at least till the tree is down.
boo-hoo

Saartje
11-25-2006, 09:58 PM
I've still used hooks, even with a toddler and cats. Works much better than ribbons, I imagine. The thing to do is, twist the ends of the hooks around the branch and around the ornaments, so they can't be removed without untwisting the wire hooks.

npace19147
11-25-2006, 10:40 PM
Some of our ornaments have strings and loops as part of the ornament, IYKWIM. We put the less fragile ornaments with those towards the bottom of the tree, and used hooks higher up.

kayte
11-25-2006, 11:24 PM
We use ribbons for most but for the heavier ones we use green twist ties... you can't see them and they hold the ornaments perfectly.

C99
11-25-2006, 11:42 PM
This is what we did as well. If DS pulled on an ornament, usually just the ornament itself came down, leaving the hook still on the tree.

juliasmom05
12-08-2006, 06:10 PM
I just ran across these ornament hangers called Kleer-eze. They look pretty cool. Just thought I throw out a different option than ribbon.

http://www.kleer-eze.com/aboutus.htm

HTH

Marci

ShellB
12-08-2006, 09:10 PM
We used baby gates around the tree. Not very attractive, but does the job.

We have this one: http://tinyurl.com/ym7a79

Shelley mama to Skyler and Kaian
Love my boys
On a new adventure selling Avon

WooChx
12-09-2006, 11:46 AM
They sell green plastic hook-like things at target. We have them and they are totally safe, aside from the typical choking hazard issue, should someone decide to eat one.

Also, when we put our tree up we put plastic, metal, or non-glass ornaments around the bottom. This way if DD touches them I don't worry about breaking. After a few days she grew bored with the tree (like all her toys) and then I was able to add additional delicate ornaments without her bothering with them.

Finally, in addition to the tree stand we secured the middle & top of the tree by screwing some O-hooks into the wall and using a thick gauge fishing line through them and around the trunk. The lines are invisible and it gives the tree enough extra balance to make sure that it doesn't topple over.

JBaxter
12-09-2006, 04:39 PM
with 3 kids the odd dog or cat over the past 15 yrs we use the metal hooks and have never had a problem.