PDA

View Full Version : Question about Cranky the Crane

giavila
11-29-2006, 04:52 PM
I want to buy DD Cranky for Christmas, but I read some negative reviews on amazon about the head constantly falling off... I'm wondering what experiences you've had with this piece and if it's worth getting. Do your DC love it, has it held up well? DD keeps asking for it so I just want to make sure it's worth the $

TIA!

SnuggleBuggles
11-29-2006, 04:56 PM
Ds delights in taking Cranky apart. It is a pain b/c he can not get it back together himself but honestly he doesn't really seem to mind when it is apart. But, he is 4yo; it may be more frustrating for a younger child.

I am thinking that it comes apart only with force by ds. I don't think it will come apart if played with appropriately.

I wouldn't let the reviews keep you away if she really wants it.

Beth

new_mommy25
11-29-2006, 07:25 PM
We love Cranky. DS is three. He got him last Christmas which was a few months after his second birthday. He plays very nicely with him. It's one of his favorite pieces.

My nephew is 21 months and a little rough. He knocks Cranky down a lot and the head does fall off. Thankfully it is easy to snap back on. We usually have to put Cranky away when my nephew plays.

I think it depends on your child and how they play with their toys.

JFC
11-29-2006, 07:40 PM
Glenda,

Cranky has been worth his $$ in gold in our house. It is one of DS' favorites...I think his "head" fell off once or twice, but only with rough play and it was very easy to fix. Certainly not a "problem" or anything I would worry about. Enjoy!

giavila
11-29-2006, 07:57 PM
Great... sounds like he is a hit and the head thing is not a huge issue. Thanks!