PDA

View Full Version : VTech Tote'N Go Laptop Plus

JFC
11-29-2006, 10:52 PM
Does anyone have this VTech Tote'N Go Laptop Plus? Target has it for $15, and I couldn't resist...it is cute, but is it worth it?! Is it a good toy for a 3/4 year old? Any experience? Thanks!

http://www.target.com/gp/detail.html/ref=br_1_10/601-3874140-8766524?ie=UTF8&frombrowse=1&asin=B000E1PY6U

zuzu
11-30-2006, 12:43 PM
DD's friend (3.5) has the older version and really enjoys it and DD likes to use it while she is there. It keeps their attention for a while, and they lots of fun playing the letter games on it.

Melissa, mom to Sarah (5/03)

JFC
11-30-2006, 05:14 PM
Melissa, Thanks for your response! I think I'll keep it - I know DS will be thrilled to have his own computer! ;-)

zuzu
11-30-2006, 05:58 PM
My friend says it buys her extra time on her computer when her daughter plays on this one in the same room. :) I've considered getting one for those times I get stuck doing unplanned work from home.

Melissa, mom to Sarah (5/03)

JFC
11-30-2006, 07:07 PM
That sounds wonderful - it would be worth the $15 for extra few minutes! ;-)

punrocker
11-30-2006, 07:49 PM
We've had the Thomas version (a "Target exclusive") for about a month and a half, and DS (38 mos.) really enjoys it. It's just like the Tote 'N Go, but Thomas-themed. I usually avoid electronic toys, but couldn't resist the Thomas laptop when I saw it at Target last month.

There are several activities that are good for 3 year-olds, like the ones where you press the key for the letter (or number) displayed on the screen, or press a key to hear a beginning letter sound. There seems to be a wide range of games, so I think DS will be able to use the laptop for a few years. The Thomas laptop doesn't have the detachable mouse pad like the Tote 'N Go, nor the games listed around the screen, but we don't mind. The Thomas-themed design and games make up for that. :) And, yes, it does buy me computer time, too--usually!