PDA

View Full Version : Has anyone cut down the legs on a KidKraft table?

DAKnits
11-30-2006, 03:49 PM
I want to cut 2" off each leg so the table is 22"h like the Pottery Barn table. Anyone do this with the Brighton or Avalon table (or any KidKraft table)? The legs are tapered, so I'm not sure if it would work. I am planning on bringing it to Wood You and they said they would look at it, and would charge me to do it -- I'm not handy enough and don't have the tools.

I've decided I'm basically insane when it comes to kids' tables.

I just got the Brighton table and chair set with a credit I got from Babystyle -- this was going to be for a friend, but she got a table in the interim and my gift was a surprise, so now I'm considering it for my DD. I have the Super Art Table which I've wanted to sell, so it would go back on craigslist. I had, but returned, the Pottery Barn Farmhouse table in honey which I LOVED LOVED LOVED but since my Super Art Table wasn't selling, I had to return it before I passed the 30 day return policy. :-(

In any case, I only paid $65 for the Brighton table and chairs after using the credit I got from returning a gift, so I'm reallly considering it. I put it together and DD can get up on the chairs, but it's just too tall for her to stand at and color -- the Pottery Barn table was truly perfect for her.

Seriously, I think I've gone over the edge with tables!

DAKnits
11-30-2006, 09:59 PM
FYI, I had Wood You cut down the legs 2" and it's a PERFECT height!!!!! I hope I don't regret this later! I guess if I want to make it higher later on, I can add risers, right? I am so clueless about woodwork!

ellies mom
12-01-2006, 12:56 PM
There is a good chance that you could always just order new legs. I'm glad it worked out for you. What a great idea!