PDA

View Full Version : Quality/Size of Land's End Chairs?

DAKnits
12-02-2006, 11:44 PM
Anyone have these? I'm thinking of ordering a few as gifts, and one for my daughter. Are they heavy/sturdy chairs? How do they compare to Pottery Barn or KidKraft chairs, if you know? What height table do you use them with, and do you think they are a good height for your table? THANKS!

DAKnits
12-03-2006, 10:37 PM
Anyone? I have to order these by tomorrow to get free shipping ...

THANKS!

just_teachin
12-03-2006, 10:58 PM
If you're referring to the $25 ones in the overstocks, I have one red one and I love it. It fits Corinne well, but she'll be able to use it for a long time. It's nice and sturdy, too.

Hope that helps!
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
Heather
Mommy to Corinne, 11/17/04
6/7 SAHM, 1/7 Kdg-8th grade music teacher; 7/7 Bargain Huntress
http://www.gynosaur.com/assets/ribbons/ribbon_sapphire_24m.gif Proudly breastfed for 24 months and 7 days! Corinne has self-weaned!

DAKnits
12-03-2006, 11:02 PM
Yes, those are the ones I'm talking about. What height table do you use it with? How tall is your DD? THANKS so much for your help!

tiapam
12-04-2006, 12:20 AM
Not the PP, but we have three of the chairs that we use with the PBK small Carolina table. I think they are very sturdy and work well with this table. I have noticed that the two that I put next to each other (because the table is against a wall and a bookcase) have become chipped from banging up against each other. OK, I just moved the third chair to protect it, as we don't use it that often. Been meaning to do that! Anyway, the chair that had its own side has fared better, which is good because it's the one with her name on it!

The Carolina table is 22" high. My DD is around 33", maybe 35". She was hard to measure last time at the ped. One thing I like about this slightly shorter chair is that they have more knee room. The Carolina is 22" high, but it also has that trim under the tabletop, so there is not as much room as you think.

-Pam

DD - Two years old!

DAKnits
12-04-2006, 12:29 AM
Pam, that helps a TON! I cut the legs of the KidKraft Brighton table 2", so now it's 22" high. The thing I didn't realize before I got them cut is that the 3.5 inch apron (which is a lot wider than the apron on the Carolina table) would make her knees pretty close to the table when she's sitting on the Brighton chairs. My only concern was that they wouldn't raise her high enough to use the table top comfortably. My DD is around the same height as yours, though. Now I am thinking of ordering two red chairs for her (one with her name), and maybe a pink, green, and/or white as gifts, I'll see.

I had (and returned) the PBK Farmhouse table and the PBK chairs are listed as the same height off the floor as the Brighton chairs. The Farmhouse table also has a thick apron and I couldn't remember if DD's knees hit the apron when she sat at the table.

I think I'll have to keep the Brighton chairs though b/c I won't get back the oversized shipping charge or the return shipping. Maybe I can sell them, or keep them to complete the table since I'll only be ordering two chairs.

Edited to ask: What color chairs did you order? Did you order white, and did that one chip, too? Thanks!

tiapam
12-04-2006, 08:15 PM
We have red, blue and green. I really think our blue and green would be in better shape if they had not been right next to each other. Also, we have the table on a mat which is on carpeting which has resulted in a few falls (for the chairs, not DD).

-Pam

DD - Two years old!

DAKnits
12-04-2006, 11:59 PM
Well, I ordered two red chairs, one with DD's name on it. I was really debating ordering an additional 2 white ones, but since I have to keep the white Brighton chairs b/c it wouldn't make sense to return them with the money I'd lose, I decided against it. I can't wait to get them b/c DD was sitting at the table today on the Brighton chairs and kept hitting her knees on the drawer!

chlobo
12-05-2006, 01:46 PM
how did you get free shipping?

DAKnits
12-05-2006, 04:03 PM
They had emailed me a promotion a couple of weeks ago. It expired yesterday though!

teachermommy
12-07-2006, 08:59 AM
Does anyone know if these chairs would work with a NILO play table?
Thanks.