PDA

View Full Version : Step2 Little Helper's Complete Kitchen

ilovetivo
12-05-2006, 08:37 AM
Anyone have this? Likes, dislikes? Wal-Mart has it for $100 shipped right now. I missed out on a Step2 website deal of $77 shipped. Not sure if it'll go cheaper than $100 shipped before or after xmas or after New Years. What did you pay, when and where?

Thanks!

annasmom
12-05-2006, 03:52 PM
Yes! We have it and love it! I got it for Anna's 2nd Christmas - so she was about 1 1/2 at the time (2 years ago). It is REALLY sturdy - my dc often pull down the doors to stand on them. The only problem as I recall is finding a b&m store that carried it. I still don't think I have ever seen it in a store. I ordered it directly from Step2 because at the time it was the best shipping cost.

I have often thought that if I had the room at the time I would have bought one of the bigger Step2 kitchens that TRU carries because with the shipping the cost wasn't much different. However, at the time my dc were really little and we had absolutely no room, so I wanted to get a small but sturdy kitchen. It has served us well, but I am getting my dc a new wooden kitchen for Christmas - they need more elbow room. I plan to put the Step2 up in my ds's bedroom. If you have any specific questions, let me know. FWIW - I *think* I paid less than $100 for it shipped, but I cannot be certain. I just remember that shipping was about $30-$40.

ilovetivo
12-05-2006, 06:14 PM
Thanks! We only have 1 child, and as of now plan on keeping it that way (at least for another 3 years). She'll be 2 in Jan and is pretty tall - 33 1/4 inches now. I prefer to get one and stick w/ it for as long as possible. Given that, would you recommend it? I'm not sure of the height. The other one we're thinking of is the KidKraft ones at Toys R Us:

TRU Exclusive Just Like Home: Wooden Bistro Kitchen: http://www.toysrus.com/product/prodpop.jsp?LargeImageURL=http%3A//TRUS.imageg.net/graphics/product_images/pTRU1-3016342dt.jpg&displayTab=enh&productId=2402970&totCount=0

Or wooden kitchen w/ fridge http://trus.imageg.net/graphics/product_images/pTRU1-2897447dt.jpg

the latter one seems wider and taller, but dd can't reach the microwave yet. (we saw it in a store)

i'm thinking TRU because we have a Amex Wishlist 25% off purchase

ilovetivo
12-06-2006, 01:10 PM
Another few questions please (in addition to my height one above). Do the oven knobs turn and does the faucet handle move? Do you have wood or plastic pots and food?
Thanks!

annasmom
12-06-2006, 01:23 PM
Hi, I measured the Step2 Little Helpers to be 32" tall. The knobs do turn, and the faucet does move. I think it is a great kitchen, and my dd is probably 39" inches now, and the height doesn't seem to bother her. That being said, if you are planning to get one and only kitchen, I am not sure whether I would recommend it. For the price (including shipping) I think there are bigger kitchens (Step2 and Little Tykes) that have more amenities and would better occupy a somewhat older child.

FWIW, we have a mixture of plastic and wooden food (mostly wooden) and plastic pots and pans (again Step2 - really great set). For Christmas I am getting my dc the Elves & Angels kitchen and fridge, some more wooden food and stainless steel (well, at least it looks like stainless steel, lol!) pots and pans.

ilovetivo
12-06-2006, 01:40 PM
Thanks!! i saw on Amazon (thru amazon) it's now $92 and free ship. I'm trying to get the Amex Amazon 25% off coupon, which would make it abt $70. Dh saw the building instructions for the wooden one and said...no way! So Step2 is it :) If amazon falls thru sears might be $83 when it comes back in stock w/ free ship.