PDA

View Full Version : If your dc has a dollhouse

kaitlinsmommy
12-05-2006, 05:13 PM
do you think 25" is high enough? I really like the Le Toy Van dollhouses for dd (and so does she) but it seems a little short, unless we put it on a table or something. She is 4. Any advice?

dules
12-05-2006, 05:18 PM
I can't 'formally' answer your question but I came here looking for suggestions for a small bench or coffee table that I can put DD's new dollhouse on. It just seems to make sense so that she doesn't have to lie down to see the ground floor, KWIM? And then I don't want it super high so that she can still reach the top (she just turned 3).

I think our house (Ryan's Room 3 story one) is 27 inches tall but not sure.

Mary

annasmom
12-05-2006, 05:31 PM
Well, I know that it is uncomfortable for *me* to get down on the ground and play with my dd's dollhouse, lol, but she doesn't seem to mind! Fwiw, we have the Ryan's Room Home Again Home Again, which is 23" high. I would wait and see how she plays with it before investing in a table, she might not mind being low on the floor at all. I was hoping to take my dd's dollhouse down from her room this week and put it on our train table to experiment with it being a bit higher. I was hoping she would play with it more if it were higher off the ground, but I don't know for certain whether she will. She is getting the basement for Christmas, so that will add another 10" too.

kaitlinsmommy
12-05-2006, 10:25 PM
Ah, the basement has been such a dilemma for me. I really like the Plan Toys Victorian dollhouse too, which I could add the basement to, but the one she likes is *really* pretty. Maybe I'm overthinking & 25" will be enough. It would be a good idea to put it on a table. I think I'll see if Nilo has a small table.

Thanks for your help.

sdbc
12-06-2006, 12:40 PM
I actually would prefer it. Our dollhouse is taller, but we have it on a coffee table anyway, in order to more easily play with the bottom floor. DD has to stand on a stepstool to access the top floor!
Sue, mommy to Aurora (Rory) born 5/13/04

annasmom
12-06-2006, 01:04 PM
LOL! If my dd saw a Le Toy Van dollhouse, I think she would literally gasp! She is SO in love with all things pink, and even though she has a dollhouse, still asks for a pink dollhouse. I feel like a bad mommy for not getting it for her, but with 2 boys in the house, we have to try to stay as gender-neutral as possible.

kaitlinsmommy
12-06-2006, 04:47 PM
I generally try to stay neutral, but ds is getting a train set for Christmas & dh has already bought him a castle for when he's older so I feel like she deserves something that's just hers. :)

To be honest, I love the plain wood dollhouses too. I think they're all fun. And she loves Calico Critters so I'm going to get some of those first instead of a doll family.

I'm glad to hear 25" will be okay.