PDA

View Full Version : Holztiger nativity sets

martycw
12-06-2006, 03:33 AM
Question for those who have these sets: are all of your figures from the same set or can you interchange them? I want to purchase a few pieces to start, but can't figure out which is best or whether I can mix & match. TIA!

annasmom
12-06-2006, 08:02 AM
Hi, I don't have an entire set, but started buying pieces last year. I have bought from the same set (I think there are three) so far. I chose my set because I liked the look of the Mary, Joseph & Baby Jesus the best. If you haven't already, you might want to check out the Holztiger website so you can see all the pieces in one place.

http://www.holztiger.de/e/index.htm

I bought Mary, Joseph and Baby Jesus last year and this year I bought the three kings. I bought my nativity figures from Maukilo.com (check Bargains Alert for 10% discount code), but bought a whole bunch of animals recently from padilly.com. When my animals arrived I received a small catalog of all the Holtziger figures - if you order on-line you may want to ask if you can get one for reference.

Good luck! And, keep me posted on what you get. My dc ignored them last year, but this year my dd LOVES playing with them!

martycw
12-06-2006, 08:40 AM
Which set did you choose? :) I'm having a hard time deciding - it looks like they are all close to the same size, so the animals will work with any set? Do you like the pieces? Are they available anywhere in stores? Thanks for your help!

annasmom
12-06-2006, 10:09 AM
I chose the #2 set (according to Holztiger website), I know the sets are called different names on different retail websites. Fwiw, I think you could mix and match, I just haven't done so yet. The animals would definitely be interchangeable. We love the nativity pieces we have, and I bought a bunch of animals for my dc for Christmas. I think my dc are going to love them too! The are a really nice size, and are really well made. I can find the pieces locally, but have bought on-line because I never get to go shopping by myself, lol! If you have any independent toy shops nearby, I would call and see if they carry the pieces.