PDA

View Full Version : games for 2 - 2 1/2 yr old

first_timer
12-06-2006, 09:32 AM
Can anyone recommend any games/board games for a 2 to 2 1/2 year old? I bought Elefun for Christmas, and I'm wondering if there are any others out there.
Thanks.

calv
12-06-2006, 09:41 AM
we're HUGE cranium fans. Their marked according to age. We love sounds by the seashore and Hallabaloo on DVD. Target has quite a few games on sale as well.

We have cherry O, monopoloy, chutes and ladders, candy land

first_timer
12-06-2006, 09:51 AM
Thank you! How old is your child?

calv
12-06-2006, 10:25 AM
almost 3. go to cranium.com and you can see video and get a better idea of the games

sarahsthreads
12-06-2006, 10:31 AM
Our 2-year-old *adores* Go Away Monster! We also picked up Snail's Pace Race, but it's a Christmas gift so we haven't tried it with her yet. I've read very good reviews about it, though.

If you're looking for games that aren't competitive - i.e. the focus is not on having one winner (and therefore one or more losers, which 2-3-year-olds don't handle well) - those two are good choices.

http://boardgamegeek.com is a good place to look at game reviews. Here's a list of good games for really young toddlers for some more examples: http://www.boardgamegeek.com/geeklist.php3?action=view&listid=7731

Good luck!
Sarah :)

holliam
12-06-2006, 10:59 AM
Eeboo has some wonderful games for this age. They have matching games, simple puzzles and others. They are really thick, practically indestructable cardboard with beautiful designs.

Haba also has some. DD is getting Orchard and possibly one other one for the holidays.

DH also got her the I-Spy preschool game, and she loves it too.

Holli

bluestar2
12-06-2006, 11:30 AM
DC are almost 3 and they LOVE Orchard. It's a very well designed game for young kids IMO and I think 2 1/2 would not be too young for it as the concept is fairly simple if they know their colors. The small pieces are chokeables htough so I would monitor them closely while playing. It's a cooperative game in which everyone wins or loses, is visually appealing and is interactive which is important for my kids. They also have Selecta's Memo Primo (a memory game) which they like, as well as Eeboo's Storefront Bingo. We tried Candyland but it didn'twork for us at this age so I am hanging onto it until they get older.