PDA

View Full Version : Toys for newborn?

NewfieNat
12-08-2006, 04:45 PM
We have grandparent-like friends that live across the country from us and usually buy DS many toys for Christmas. This year, instead of paying so much for shipping, they have sent us $200 to buy TOYS for DS (2.5) and DD (3 weeks) Now, DS is not a problem to shop for, but DD, on the other hand, is. What do I get a newborn? I'd like it to be something that she can use within the next few months. We have already bought her a bumbo seat, FP crib aquarium, and FP hedgehog. Any ideas? I already looked at the toys by age thread. Oh, we are in Canada so the money buys less :-)

Thanks!
Natalie

deannanb
12-08-2006, 10:49 PM
How about a doll for when she is 6 months or so...
or some other toys that she will actually be able to use when she is a little older?

or forget the toys for dd and go to a paint your own pottery type of place and put her hand (or foot) on a tile or plate - to hang in her bedroom.

BeachBum
12-10-2006, 07:29 AM
Should we assume that you have a gymini and a exersaucer left from your other child? If not those would be on my list.
My DS really liked the Manhatten Baby "whoozit" and several of the Lamaze toys for his first toys. I agree that I would go ahead and start thinking about 6 mo as well. They grow up so fast! :)

NewfieNat
12-10-2006, 11:45 AM
Thanks!

I just ordered a Stella doll, Whoozit water mat, Infantino Baby Mail, and a pack of black, white and red flash cards. I hope these will (eventually) be hits!

Natalie