PDA

View Full Version : Learning Tower Owners - Please Read

samiam
12-16-2006, 08:13 PM
Just wanted to pass along a safety warning to be sure to periodically check your child's height and adjust the Learning Tower accordingly. We got one for ds close to 2 years ago and since he's 3 1/2 now and pretty agile, we never thought of adjusting it. It was on the tallest setting and his waist was parallel with the front and rear safety bars. Well, the other day he leaned over the higher side bar to reach for something on the counter, and flipped right over the side bar, landing flat on the top of his head on the hardwood kitchen floor. Thank goodness he was okay but it was very scary. The way he fell and landed he could've easily cracked his head open or broken his neck.

I felt like a real idiot when I remembered the darn thing is adjustable and that this whole incident could've been prevented. Needless to say, the height has been lowered two notches.

tny915
12-18-2006, 03:15 PM
How scary! I'm glad your DS is okay. Thanks for the warning.

Mamma2004
12-18-2006, 09:46 PM
Thank goodness your DS is okay! It must have been so frightening for ALL of you.

Thanks so much for the warning. DS is 30 months and we are *finally* giving him (us) the LT for Christmas. We'll be careful!

Stephanie