PDA

View Full Version : Full length shatter proof mirror for wall?

DAKnits
12-18-2006, 03:39 PM
I'm looking for a narrow full length (or long) shatter proof mirror for DD's wall in her bedroom, and can't seem to find any -- I've seen the ones that come in shapes or look like animals that are really expensive, but nothing plain and reasonably priced. Anyone know where I can buy one -- online or in a store?

Thanks!!!!

lilycat88
12-18-2006, 04:07 PM
You could try a school supply place. I went to www.discountschoolsupply.com and typed in "mirror" and got a ton of options. Some are the shape ones but some are just plain rectangles of various sizes.

http://www.discountschoolsupply.com/Product/ProductList.aspx?keyword=mirror&page=1

DAKnits
12-18-2006, 04:22 PM
Thanks so much -- the site didn't come up when I googled shatterproof mirror, kids mirrors, acrylic mirrors ... lately google hasn't been finding what I'm looking for ...

Now to decide on a mirror for DD's room -- wonder if there's a way to add a frame to a mirror I order -- I'd love to frame it in pink or white, or handpaint a frame...

cheme
12-18-2006, 05:01 PM
I just picked one up at Lowe's this weekend. I think it was only ~$6! Its very plain, just a white border and has a cardboard backing.

ColorBlue
12-18-2006, 10:40 PM
I'm about to begin looking for the very same thing as we are doing a playroom in our basement. Previously I've heard that you can get acrylic mirrors on ebay fairly cheap though I have not checked it out myself. As to the frame, it would not be difficult at all to put a frame around the mirror. We have a wall map mural that my husband put a frame around with molding from Home Depot.

Tracy

Mama to three girls, my big kindergartener Grace 11/01, and my babies Ella and Madeline 10/04.

DAKnits
12-18-2006, 10:52 PM
Is the one from Lowe's shatterproof? If so, I'm going tomorrow!

DAKnits
12-18-2006, 10:53 PM
I've quickly looked on ebay for shatterproof mirrors, and found some cute shapes, but no full length mirrors thus far -- I have to do a more thorough search, though.

It always seems that the things I'm looking for are things everyone else wants, and that there are surprisingly few choices out there considering the enormous amount of toys out there!

cheme
12-19-2006, 12:56 AM
I don't really know... I do know that its not glass at all - its just plastic with a mylar coating to give the reflection. I asked my husband about it shattering and he said that most likely it would just break like any plastic toy, not shatter.

But, I'm definitely not a pro on this! We haven't even put ours up yet. Maybe if you call Lowe's they would know more?