PDA

View Full Version : Does anyone have the laughing Elmo chair?

buddyleebaby
12-20-2006, 12:02 AM
I'm wondering if it has an on/off switch somewhere.

Dh brought one home today. It is the only present he singlehandedly picked out for dd and he is so excited about it.

He hid it in the closet and I am scared to take the thing out for further inspection because it must have gone off five times in the 30 seconds it took him to put it in there.

Anyone?

sarahsthreads
12-20-2006, 12:09 AM
Unfortunately, yes, I can answer this one. It does have an on/on more obnoxiously/off switch. Believe it or not, DD actually *asks* us to turn it off if it gets switched on. I can't even tell you the number of times it's been on and just started giggling because someone walked by the room it was in. But my brother was just so excited to find something so "perfect" for DD...

On a similar note, we actually had to unwrap and re-wrap one of DD's presents that we got while we were visiting family this past weekend. We were driving back to DH's parents' house from a party and I kept hearing "Hee, hee, hee! I love you! Do you want to play? Let's sing a song!" from the back of the wagon. Luckily, that one (a Fisher-Price talking/singing puppy of some sort) has an off switch too, or it might have never actually seen the light of day again.

Sarah :)

juliasmom05
12-20-2006, 08:20 AM
My brother got DD the same FP puppy. Everytime I water the Christmas tree, I hit it and it starts talking, "Peek-a-boo, I see you" . It's good to know it has an off button :-).

Marci

buddyleebaby
12-20-2006, 04:36 PM
Thank you!