PDA

View Full Version : Please help me come up with a solution so that I don't have to strangle my dear husband

funda62
12-21-2006, 03:08 PM
The toy store had a wooden play shop on sale for aprox. $60 and I wanted to get it for our girls. He said "No way, the army will just tear it up when we move again." I bit my lip and left the shop but I seriously wanted to hit him. I mean why buy anything at all with that kind of additude?

So what I would like to do is come up with a modular solution that could be easily taken apart each time we move. Ideas for a kitchen would be nice too. Everything would have to go into a flat pack (like things come orgiganly from Ikea).

Hope I am making some sense, my brain is a bit fried with the holidays coming and getting ready to move yet again.

californiagirl
12-21-2006, 04:01 PM
There are a lot of multipurpose puppet-theater style things that fold up like that. And you could do a bunch with a folding bookcase...

dules
12-21-2006, 04:54 PM
I'm thinking of some combination of folding bookshelves as mentioned by the PP and popup bins from Target, Container Store, etc.

Good luck!

Mary

P.S. $60 was probably a good deal. Boo on DH. ;)

nfowife
12-21-2006, 04:57 PM
We are military, and have had very few things damaged through moves. And anything that was, we were reimbursed for because we bought the extra insurance (which is cheap). So, I think it's a risk worth taking myself :) .

wendmatt
12-21-2006, 04:58 PM
If the army tears it up they have to pay for repairs or replace it , tell him that and get the one for $60 :)