PDA

View Full Version : Is there any play food that actually opens?

hudsonam
12-23-2006, 08:54 AM
I just gave my 2 yr old DS his play kitchen and a big bucket o' plastic food and cardboard boxes of "food," but of course the boxes, and pretend cans, aren't meant to be opened, so they are almost all ripped open now. Not a big deal, but I think he'd love some stuff that really did open. Is there anything besides Haba that makes containers that open? What are the Melissa & Doug ones like?

sdbc
12-23-2006, 09:09 AM
The M&D containers are just wooden blocks that don't open--not much fun. We do like the cutting food and pizza from M&D, though. Other than that, we have REAL small empty boxes of cereal (the single serving size) and pint sized empty ice cream containers, empty yogurt containers, etc. They get the most play, and are free and easily replaceable. DD also makes playdough food.
Sue, mommy to Aurora (Rory) born 5/13/04

hudsonam
12-23-2006, 09:13 AM
That's a great idea! Thanks!

sdbc
12-23-2006, 09:35 AM
Plus, it's a great excuse to eat a pint of Ben & Jerry's. :)
Sue, mommy to Aurora (Rory) born 5/13/04

shilo
12-24-2006, 03:18 AM
i've been saving the small tupperware type containers from things like sour cream, cream cheese, to-go containers, small plastic milk containers (like from a kids meal) and quaker oats containers for my BF's dd's new kitchen too. i like the ice cream container idea, i'll have to keep those from now on too.

hth, lori
Sam 5/19/05 How lucky I am that you chose me.