PDA

View Full Version : Monitor suggestions?

millerpjm
12-27-2006, 09:45 AM
I'm hoping to get a couple recommendations for monitors...my DS is 3 1/2, so my copy of Baby Bargains is a bit outdated:)

We currently have a FP sound and lights with 2 receivers that has started to get very static-y. Of course, we've been using it constantly for 3 1/2 years, so we've gotten our money's worth out of it. So, we need a new monitor, preferably with 2 receivers.

Another point we're considering, is we are planning to have another child, but not for another year or so. Our in-laws have this monitor for multiple rooms:

http://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=2265797&cp=2255984.2256223&view=all&parentPage=family

I wasn't planning to spend this kind of money yet, but maybe we should?

Any opinions would be appreciated - thanks!

Jen

Momof3Labs
12-27-2006, 10:35 AM
For DS2, I've absolutely loved my geeks.com video monitor. It lets me peek on him without walking up there (with a loud 4yo following me) all the time. It runs $80 or less, so not as expensive as the one that you linked.

o_mom
12-27-2006, 10:46 AM
We have this one and love it - if you search, you can find a couple of reviews here. The concept is great and it is nice to not have to move monitors or recievers around. However, it is Safety 1st, so keep your receipt and box. Ours had problems with the volume control after about 2 mo. I exchanged it at BRU, but just be aware. Also, you have to use all three transmitters, you can't use just two - we put the third one downstairs so I can monitor them downstairs when I am upstairs. Other people have said that they just put two transmitters in one room.

I would say that if you aren't having another one for a year, then your DS will be past needing a monitor so it may not be worth getting unless you still may want one. We also have a Graco that we had before DS2 and it works well. Also have a FP sound and lights at Grandma's and it works well too.