PDA

View Full Version : please help me find a toy for my 20 month old dd

ehmom
01-01-2007, 05:05 PM
we didn't do a really big christmas for her, and now i feel like she could use one more something really fun. she has wooden blocks, a huggums doll with a small cradle that was mine, the little people school set, and some play-doh stuff (her favorite). she also has some random small stuff, but nothing really seems to hold her attention for more than 10 minutes. is she just young to play with something for longer? i feel like her toys may be a bit old for her and she might do better with something easier to play with. i don't know, please advise :)
thanks in advence!
em

dules
01-01-2007, 05:37 PM
If she loves play doh, what about a small table/chair or easel and art supplies?

Mary

ETA at that age my DD was really into making "tea" with a toy tea set.

94bruin
01-01-2007, 05:50 PM
I don't know how much you are willing to spend, but my dd, LOVES her kitchen. The first time she was exposed to a play kitchen (at her cousins' house), she played with it all evening. Other than that, her second most favorite "toy" is books.

ehmom
01-01-2007, 06:11 PM
i think she would like a kitchen. her birthday is in april, so i might wait until then for something that big. which kitchen did your dd like? i was thinking of a smaller scale wooden one. i know there are lots of posts about this. it looks like i need to do siome research! thanks so much for the suggestions!

megs4413
01-01-2007, 06:13 PM
my 20 mo. old DD got an on the go aquadoodle this year and LOVES it....

hillview
01-01-2007, 06:14 PM
DS is 18 months and christmas hits were playsilks and the geotrax train.
HTH
/hillary

nfowife
01-01-2007, 09:32 PM
My DD also loves her kitchen (she's also 20 months old!). She plays with it a lot. And her dolls. The biggest hit of the holiday so far has definitely been the "my first dollhouse" from fisher price. It is plastic, but it doesn't seem to make any annoying noises and she just loves playing with the little family that came with it. I think it is perfect for the under-3 set as a beginner dollhouse. I definitely will be moving on to a nice wooden one when she is ready, but she adores this one and plays with it for a long time right now! We set it up in her bedroom on a little cubby system we got at Target. You can see the setup in the background of this pic:
http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h15/nfowife/IMG_0346.jpg?t=1167705107

Momof3Labs
01-01-2007, 09:42 PM
A stroller or shopping cart to push her baby in?

beckyr88
01-01-2007, 10:17 PM
My DD loves pull toys! (she'll be 2 in 10 days) Sometimes she'll get two or three going at once. HTH!