PDA

View Full Version : Crib tent recommendation?

hillview
01-02-2007, 09:47 AM
DS is 35 inches tall and too tall for his crib according to the manual that came with his crib. Thinking we will add a crib tent -- any good recommendations?
TIA!
/hillary

Momof3Labs
01-02-2007, 11:06 AM
The Crib Tent II is what we used.

melissaflorida
01-02-2007, 05:15 PM
Ditto! I never knew there was another tent option. Crib Tent II works great for us.

american_mama
01-03-2007, 11:02 PM
I just researched and bought a crib tent a month ago. I think your options are limited to Crib Tent I and Crib Tent II, both by the same company (Tots in Motion, I think).

The main difference is how secure you want the crib tent to be. Crib Tent II is the most secure since it totally encloses the crib in mesh, including along the rails and under the mattress. The mesh will stop you from reaching in through the rails of the gate, for example. Yes, you can still lower the crib gate, yes, you can still use a bumper pad, but no, I don't think you can attach a mobile. Yes, it looks a little like a baby cage, but at least that means your child will be unable to escape from it.

Crib Tent I is about $10 cheaper and apparently attaches only to the top of the rails, thus meaning the rails are unobstructed. Apparently, some little Houdinis will reach their hand through the rails and up to the zipper, then work it open, and they escape.

I had an escape artist, so I got Crib Tent II. If you were getting it to keep cats out or to prevent your child from accidentally leaning out of the crib, Crib Tent I would probably be enough.

I ended up getting my Crib Tent II off of ebay with local pickup, but the cheapest new price I found was $58 shipped. I think it was on either kidsurplus.com or babycenter.com. I searched the bargains forum here on BBB for a free shipping code.

It sounds like you have an older child. If your child objects to the tent (which my child did), a little creative marketing is in order. Kisses through the mesh, Itsy Bitsy Spider through the mesh before lights out, siblings diving enthusiastically into the crib and lavishing praise on the "cosy tent"... all helped my DD get over her initial tears at the crib.

shesse
01-04-2007, 03:10 PM
Crib Tent II
I used it and LOVED it. My son was big too and kept climing out (and falling). This product was like a DREAM!!