PDA

View Full Version : Quadrilla Marble Runs

kcimato
01-02-2007, 04:48 PM
I bought my grandson the Quadrilla Twist and Rail set from the BBB coop for Xmas. Well, my son has called several times to tell my how much he likes it(my son that is) and could I buy some expansion parts for my gradson for his birthday in March. Does anyone have a reccomendation as to what I should get for the expansion? Also if anyone here bought it from the coop can you tell me the name of the store where we purchsed from"

I' glad it was a hit. My son said he spent an entire day making new configurations. Didn't say if DGS liked it!

LBW
01-02-2007, 06:16 PM
We *love* ours too!

Here's Nancy's store info:

HeirloomWoodenToys.com
228 Main St #223
Williamstown, MA 01267
http://www.heirloomwoodentoys.com/
[email protected]

By Phone:
Toll Free: (866) 202-8073
Toll/Local: (413) 458-0072
By Fax:
(877) 879-44433

zoestargrove
01-03-2007, 11:14 AM
We LOVE ours too. Thank you Nancy for offering the coop. It was a huge hit here. (my only complaint about quadrilla in general is how easily it falls apart with the slightest bump. I wish the blocks locked together...however this slight flaw has taught my 2 and 3.5 year old boys very quickly to be super careful around it.

not sure which system you bought...we bought the twist and rail. If I were expanding, I'd start with another helix and more marbles.

Kelly

lizamann
01-03-2007, 03:49 PM
Dang, I wish I'd known about the coop!

It's funny he didn't mention if your gs liked it! We got the Basic Set for Christmas, and we all love it. The only problem is the setup is pretty complicated. I am still figuring it out and have to follow the diagrams exactly. I don't see dd being able to set it up by herself until she's 12!

But once it's set up, it's really really fun for dd (and me!) to just feed the thing marbles over and over again for 30 minutes straight.

trentsmom
01-04-2007, 02:45 PM
Another Quadrilla lovin' family here! It was THE hit from Christmas. Just about every morning, DS wakes up and says, "Wanna go play the marble game" and runs to it. If you haven't already, be sure to check out Quadrilla's site. They have several more ideas for layouts for each set. And probably if you looked at some of the other layouts, it might give you some ideas for extra pieces to buy. We have the Twist and Rail, and if we were to get more, I'd go for some of the straight pieces and more helixes.

Also, to catch the marbles at the bottom of the run, I've used the tops of metal tins. I have lots of them from Christmas goodies, and they are thin enough to not throw off the balance of the structure.