PDA

View Full Version : Does anyone have the PBK Pro Chef kitchen??

bcafe
01-02-2007, 09:03 PM
I am seriously considering this and am wondering how it is holding up? I would prefer the retro red kitchen, however, the shipping/handling charge is ridiculous. Thanks!

DDowning
01-03-2007, 12:13 PM
We just got the 3 piece set for christmas after they went on sale, so I only have a little over a week's experience with them. So far its held up great! We've already had a couple of playdates and the sets been a real hit. The refrigerator allows for a lot of storage with all of the built in shelves so its great to store all of their food in there. With the overhead on the oven/range, I'm thinking of installing a little pop-up light underneath the hood to give it a little more realistic tocuh. Downsides are that utility rack on the dishwasher is in the middle so it limits the counter space a bit. I set up shelves for that and other small appliances next to it and so the kids will just take the mixer, etc. and put it on their craft table. I guess the only real complaint is that there should have been a timer on the dishwasher. Often times the kids will turn it "on" but then they'll walk away and leave it "running". It doesn't turn off by itself, so I do it for them - which quickly prompts one of them to come running to turn it back on, LOL. I'm tempted to take the batteries out of that one. I was worried about scratches given that the SS effect is really paint but so far so good. HTH!

AJs Mommy
01-08-2007, 07:01 PM
Santa gave it to our two boys who have played with it non-stop since Christmas and it has held up very well & still looks new. The only glitch is that they love to leave the oven & fridge doors open...and the light stays "on" IMO worth the splurge it is adorable & very well made.