PDA

View Full Version : ETA- Source- Best websites for foreign language toys?

kayte
01-03-2007, 07:03 PM
I am having trouble finding toys to reinforce the second language in our home (Danish). I need help with sites that offer "non-mainstream" (like Spanish or French) bilingual toys and books.

TIA

ETA- I discovered that FisherPrice has sites in many languages and I found the Learning Puppy --which does the alphabet, colors, numbers and songs--comes in lots of languages --including Danish. I had a relative pick one up and DD is loving it. I am not big on battery operated toys but one that will expose her to a different language is certainly okay in my book.

Here is a link to the international sites

http://www.fisher-price.com/intl.asp

HTH

Mamma2004
01-03-2007, 09:47 PM
Sorry I don't have any suggestions - I just wanted to echo that many of us are looking for sources for toys/books/videos/educational materials in languages other than Spanish and French.

I am trying to teach DS Italian but it's tough with no resources!

Hoping to hear from all of you!

Stephanie

JdrKuhnert
01-04-2007, 01:19 AM
We are also raising our child bilingually (German). www.powells.com has a fairly good foreign language book section. They also have a specific section for children's foreign language. However, I found that I need to look in both sections.
I have had zero luck with bilingual toys. We have some toys that we purchased in Germany that are English-German, but that is it. It was difficult in Germany to find bilingual toys. Chicco had the widest selection. I'm not a huge fan of loud toys, but for the language I caved in.

stefani
01-04-2007, 01:27 AM
Check out www.asiaforkids.com.

I search for Spanish and French, and came up with a few. It is mostly geared towards Asian languages, but still there a few. I use it for Mandarin Chinese.

Good luck!

Eloise36
01-06-2007, 06:07 AM
Language Little dolls

http://www.languagelittles.com/home_content.html

They are very cute. DS has the Spanish speaking one. There are several languages available (Spanish, French, German, Italian, Chinese, Korean, Japanese etc) and can be found in many toy stores as well as online.