PDA

View Full Version : For Sandra Boyton Fans (x-post in bargains)

purpleeyes
01-07-2007, 02:07 PM
These books WITH CD's are at Kohls for 5 bucks each!! I got the philidelphia chickens one so we would have all the words in a book form, too bad I bought the CD for xmas for 13.99.

If you want song lists, you can do a search on amazon, that was where I got the pics.

http://www.windsorpeak.com/dc/user_files/37141.jpg

http://www.windsorpeak.com/dc/user_files/37142.jpg

http://www.windsorpeak.com/dc/user_files/37143.jpg

Enjoy!

Beth

MarisaSF
01-07-2007, 03:21 PM
Oooh! oooh! Ooooh! That's a great deal! I may need to go this afternoon! I have wanted those for a while. I have a few downloaded mpegs, but have never burned them to CD.

BeachBum
01-07-2007, 03:34 PM
That is a great deal.thanks for sharing. We have rhinoceros tap and just love it!

s7714
01-07-2007, 04:08 PM
Thanks for the alert! That's a great price! I'll have to sneak over there today.

Jennifer
Mommy to
Miss Pure Energy 3/03
Miss Antsy-Pants 6/05

Our bones may be brittle, but our spirit is unbreakable.
Osteogenesis Imperfecta www.oif.org

MarisaSF
01-07-2007, 06:18 PM
Drat. I couldn't find them today. Are they in the Kids section with the books? I saw another display with a bunch of DVDs, but no CDs. I suppose it's only select stores.

miki
01-07-2007, 07:11 PM
Ditto, did not see anything resembling these books. Is it a new promotion for their Kohl's Cares for Kids program?

icunurse
01-07-2007, 07:14 PM
Yep...they also have stuffed animals (pig, rhino, dog, chicken) to go along with the books.

cric
01-07-2007, 09:49 PM
I sent my DH there today too, just to find the books. BUT, the cashier said that the CD's are coming. It's the Kohl's for Kids promotion.

HTH!

purpleeyes
01-07-2007, 10:38 PM
Oh, that's too bad. My book had the CD in the front-perhaps the cashier didn't know that? Also, I found the book/stuffed animal display right next to the registers as I was walking out (doesn't that always happen?)

Beth

kellyotn
01-08-2007, 12:04 AM
THANK YOU for posting this! I went and snagged some up, we enjoy Dog Train a lot, I just never got around to getting the others.

They were the Kohls for Kids thingy. Near one checkout were some Dr. Suess stuffed animals from the previous promotion, the other checkout had the Boyton books/cd's and stuffed animals (which are REALLY cute).

cheme
01-08-2007, 01:15 AM
They weren't out at mine yet either :( The cashier said they would probably be put out later this week. I can't wait - thanks for the heads up!

cric
01-08-2007, 08:47 AM
Maybe, but my husband knew what he was looking for. I believe the sign on the displays also mentioned the book/CD. We're just going to check later this week. :)

elephantmeg
01-08-2007, 04:05 PM
ooh, got Philadelphia Chicken for Christmas (I mean DS did) and I (I mean he, lol) loves it :) We've started calling the dog snuggle puppy :)

MarisaSF
01-08-2007, 05:43 PM
Oooh! Okay. I'll look later this week. Thanks!

SpaceGal
01-10-2007, 06:43 PM
Thank you for posting this, I called our local Kohl's and they just got them in and I went over there and picked them up. I was only planning on getting the books, but I got the stuffed animals too...ended up getting one of each, will give DS the chicken and the book that matches the chicken for Chinese New Year since he's a chicken, and bought the pig and will give the new baby that set for him/her since he/she will be born in the year of the pig. I know dorky but hey, I figure what's a toddler know about money. Might as well make it fun.

I never heard of these books or CDs...but I love Sandra Boynton's other books and her characters are adorable...so I figure it's can't be bad...seemed to get good ratings on Amazon.

Thanks again!

MarisaSF
01-10-2007, 08:11 PM
Thank you so much for posting this. It's an incredible deal! I got all three books for us and picked up 4 more to give as gifts over the year.

The cool thing is that the books are song books, not just the little board books. GREAT!!

ps- Actually, the CDs and books would have been a great deal, but then I went to the electronics store next to Kohl's and bought a $200 cd player (I didn't have one before, but have been meaning to get one anyway). ;)

DDowning
01-11-2007, 11:11 PM
Word must have gotten out because only Philadelphia Chickens was left in my store.

MarisaSF
01-11-2007, 11:21 PM
The good news is that I think that one's by favorite!

buddyleebaby
01-11-2007, 11:36 PM
I got all three. We've had the snuggle puppy boardbook for six months and I've been making up the tune so I'm glad to finally know how it really goes, lol.
There is one song in the Rhino Tap book called Bad babies (or bad, bad babies?) which I think is horrible and skip over but that's my only complaint.
We also got the stuffed chicken.
I live about ten steps away from a kohl's and they still had plenty. I would gladly go and pick up for those searching but unfortunately I think the cost of shipping (they are heavy) would probably negate any savings.

s7714
01-12-2007, 12:53 AM
They only had the Dog Train at my store, but they said they'd only gotten one box of those and were waiting for all the others still. Sounds like they're having issues getting them to all the stores on time.

Jennifer
Mommy to
Miss Pure Energy 3/03
Miss Limit Tester 6/05

s7714
01-12-2007, 12:53 AM
They only had the Dog Train at my store, but they said they'd only gotten one box of those and were waiting for all the others still. Sounds like they're having issues getting them to all the stores on time.

Jennifer
Mommy to
Miss Pure Energy 3/03
Miss Limit Tester 6/05

s7714
01-12-2007, 05:19 PM
>There is one song in the Rhino Tap book called Bad babies (or
>bad, bad babies?) which I think is horrible and skip over but
>that's my only complaint.

I'm not a big fan of that song either.

Jennifer
Mommy to
Miss Pure Energy 3/03
Miss Limit Tester 6/05

s7714
01-12-2007, 05:19 PM
>There is one song in the Rhino Tap book called Bad babies (or
>bad, bad babies?) which I think is horrible and skip over but
>that's my only complaint.

I'm not a big fan of that song either.

Jennifer
Mommy to
Miss Pure Energy 3/03
Miss Limit Tester 6/05

elephantmeg
01-14-2007, 11:22 AM
Thanks for posting this! I got the dog train and rhinoserous tap Friday along with a stuffed puppy with a conductor hat-so cute! DH is way into trains and dogs and DS is way into dogs. In fact DS's 3 words are mama, dada, dog! Of which dog is the one I hear the most!

Marriedladytara
01-14-2007, 07:36 PM
I picked up Rhinocerous Tap for us (we have the other two and love them) and three copies of Philadelphia Chickens to give as gifts.

I DO NOT like the Bad Babies song on RT...