PDA

View Full Version : Does anyone mix wooden Thomas with take along Thomas?

SpaceGal
01-08-2007, 11:40 AM
I'm sure you can it's just not a perfect fit but was wondeirng if anyone else did this. My DS's godparents got him take along Cranky the Crane which is just a building...not like an elaborate track set, It just came with Cranky and a cargo car with cargo. We have wooden Thomas sets and well since they were giving DS his late Christmas present and tore Cranky out of thebox I'm hesitant to take it back, in fact DH said just to keep Cranky since he's a building. Granted his crane doesn't work with wooden cargo and wooden cars are too heavy and it seems really chintzy but it's harder to try to put Cranky back in the box he came in. I know some friends that mix but wasn't sure if I should take Cranky back (which I sorta don't want to do since I hate asking for receipts) or just suck it up and deal. Plus I don't expect everyone to want to dish out the money for wooden Thomas things so even if I exchanged it it wouldn't be a Thomas thing since they got it at Target. I suppose I should have said something initially but I felt bad since they were so excited about giving it to him.

new_mommy25
01-08-2007, 04:13 PM
We have only wooden Thomas and then we have Geo Trax. We don't mix. My nephew has both Take along and Wooden but he doesn't mix them. He plays with one or the other. If I were you I would keep the Cranky but then try to just stick with wooden or take along. Wooden is a better bet because the Take Along track is really bad. The take along vehicles will work on wooden track if you use the road way side.

HTH,

C99
01-08-2007, 05:44 PM
Wooden and take-along don't really mix. I have like 8 million different, non-compatible Thomas things. I'm at the point where I return or give away everything that is not compatible w/ wooden Thomas.

cstack
01-08-2007, 07:05 PM
My DS has both wooden and take along trains. Like the PP, he doesn't mix them either. He calls the take along trains his "golden trains" (don't ask, I don't know why"). He enjoys playing with both types, though, as he loves everything Thomas. I don't see a problem with having both types.

Speaking of Cranky - our (wooden) Cranky's head falls off. It always has. Has anyone else had that problem, or is it defective and should I call Learning Curve? (sorry to hijack)

new_mommy25
01-11-2007, 10:37 PM
Ours falls off if knocked over.

onjbj
01-12-2007, 09:23 AM
We mix- we weren't going to but DS really wanted the Chinese Dragon and I could only find it in wood- all his other trains were the take-a-longs. The trains that come with the DVD's are always wooden and DS got a few of those as gifts for x-mas. I decided there are more important things to worry about than mixing wood and metal!! DS loves them all and thats all that really matters!

Karin

onjbj
01-12-2007, 09:23 AM
We mix- we weren't going to but DS really wanted the Chinese Dragon and I could only find it in wood- all his other trains were the take-a-longs. The trains that come with the DVD's are always wooden and DS got a few of those as gifts for x-mas. I decided there are more important things to worry about than mixing wood and metal!! DS loves them all and thats all that really matters!

Karin