PDA

View Full Version : Kinderzeat question

happy2bamom
01-08-2007, 06:26 PM
Would this be a good birthday gift for a 3 year old? My DS will be 3 in Feb., and he has SO MANY toys that I was hoping to suggest something different to the grandparents. Is the Kinderzeat worth the money?

kelly ann
01-08-2007, 07:23 PM
We love our Kinderzeat. If DS decides that he doesn't like it, then your younger son can always get use out of it. I think the children like having their own seat though. If you decide against it, then another great non-toy gift is a membership to a children's musuem/zoo.

elliput
01-08-2007, 08:31 PM
Yes, it is worth the money as it has longevity. It makes a great booster now, and will be a chair that could easily last your DS until he goes off on his own.

pittsburghgirl
01-08-2007, 09:15 PM
Definitely. This is the best purchase I have made since DS was about a year old, worth every penny.

Marilee
mommy to James
http://b3.lilypie.com/CSwdm4.png

JBaxter
01-08-2007, 09:16 PM
Yes we love ours :) One of the best investments Ive made

Momof3Labs
01-08-2007, 09:31 PM
Yep. DS1 still loves his, so I just bought one at albeebaby.com for $159 for DS2's first birthday, though he probably won't use it for another 6 months.

jacksmomtobe
01-08-2007, 10:21 PM
Kinderzeat is definitely worth the money. My Son loves his. Everytime we have friends of his over they all seem to want to sit in it. DS enjoys being able to climb in himself, click himself in the belt, etc. It's a quality item. I think however that the co that makes it Stokee is replacing the item with another seat called the tripp trapp...not sure of the differences but it seems like Albee Baby (look under sale items not under Stokke brand) and other retailers such as Great Beginnings have it on sale so Grandma/Grandpa could get a good deal on it. I'm tempted to pick one up for dd eventhough she has yet to start solids.

Good Luck!

MeAndMyStar
01-08-2007, 10:53 PM
I agree that the Kinderzeat is well worth the money. My DD is currently sitting in the top seat position and I know we will get many more years of use out of it. And it's stylish! :)

To comment on the difference between the Tripp Trapp and Kinderzeat...The KZ has a 3-point harness, good for 18 months and up. Not as much food to clean off the straps either (no shoulder harness).

The TT has a 5-point harness and when paired with the optional baby rail can be used from approx. 6 mos. Th KZ cannot be used with the rail.

The cushion will probably be good for when DD is older, right now she still makes too much of a mess, but it is very plush and comfy looking (and fits both KZ and TT). HTH a bit!

ETA: Stokke is replacing the KZ with the TT so if you want the KZ my guess is buy now cause I don't think they are making any more. :)