PDA

View Full Version : Anyone have this Little Tikes Playground/Playset? Good/Bad?

Bens Momma
01-09-2007, 03:24 PM
I have an opportunity to get this playground used. It would be at a great price, but DH is hesitating. Mainly because we already have a small wooden swingset (and I don't think he wants to put it together.) It looks fun, but sometimes pictures can be deceiving. I also like the fact that it has sides and I wouldn't have to worry about splinters! Does anyone have it? What is your opinion of it? What ages is it entertaining for? I have a 1 & 3 year old. Will it last them a few years? Help----Will I be kicking myself if I let this bargain go, or is it worth passing up?

Thanks for the opinions/advice!
Ben & Will's Momma

http://www.littletikes.com/toys/toys-detail.aspx?Product_ID=2490&Ne=1&N=26+120#

BeachBum
01-09-2007, 03:36 PM
I haven't seen it IRL but it looks great in that pic. It reminds me of the 8 in1, but I think it would "grow" better with you children. I think I would get it if the price was right.

rbsmom
01-09-2007, 04:19 PM
I think it looks great! I have a 2 yo DD & I KNOW she'd love it - I'd go for it...

youngmommy
01-09-2007, 04:27 PM
They have this for the daycare at the gym I go to. DD (now 2 1/2) loves this thing. I know she was really getting into it even before she turned 2. We don't have it at home, so I can't help there. Oh, I should also mention that the gym has this thing indoors. We live in the upper-midwest, so a huge chunk of the year is primarily indoor play. HTH!

Bens Momma
01-09-2007, 07:36 PM
Thanks for the replies! It's nice to have some positive reinforcement! It is a really good price and other than some fading and needing a cleaning, it looks to be in good condition. Is it overkill to have this and our current set? It consists of a rung-ladder to a platform, regular swing, and toddler swing? What do you all think?

Thanks-
Ben & Will's Momma

lilycat88
01-09-2007, 08:25 PM
I don't think it's overkill. But, we have the 8-in-1 AND a wooden set as well. We got the 8-in-1 used for a steal and then about 6 months later our neighbors moved and they gave us their wooden one. I would love to have the one you mention instead of the 8-in-1 but I'm not getting rid of either I have.

Bens Momma
01-15-2007, 02:12 PM
Just an update on the playground...Convinced DH to get it and we picked it up this weekend! Other than being a bit faded, it looks to be in good condition. No cracks, holes, etc and the little bubble window is clear!! BTW we got it for $50!!! I was really psyched about this deal! The previous owners couldn't have been nicer as they had it partially disassembled and cleaned when we got there. Still working on putting it back together so I will let you all know how the kids like it.

Thanks to all for your advice and opinions!
Ben & Will's Momma

kcimato
01-15-2007, 02:17 PM
You can get some of the spray paint that is for plastic and it will look brand new. We did it on some plastic adirondeck chairs and they look fantastic. You can get it at Lowes or Home Depot.

Bens Momma
01-15-2007, 04:44 PM
Thanks for the plastic spray paint idea. I think I will try it. Is it "safe" to use on children's stuff?

kcimato
01-15-2007, 06:33 PM
I don't have the answer to that. I can only assume it would be ok. I guess I would check the label.

cstack
01-16-2007, 11:47 PM
I used it on my DS's playhouse, so I don't see why it wouldn't be. Make sure you follow the directions very carefully for best results. I would do it before putting it together as it will be easier. Make certain you let it dry really well - and use a couple of thin coats. DS's playhouse say outside in NEPA weather for over 2 years and it held up pretty well. There were a couple of spots where the paint rubbed off on the corners, but overall I was quite pleased. The house went to my nephew and I think it's still holding up well (almost 2 more years in NY's Southern Tier).