PDA

View Full Version : Have you seen this in person at Target?

taraalissa
01-10-2007, 11:15 AM
I came across this wooden food set on Target.com. I love the Peanut Butter!

The site says only available online but I know sometimes some Targets have the online stuff. I was wondering the size of the items. Some of the playfood from Target can be small. Has anyone seen this set in person? Is it sized like the Melissa & Doug stuff or smaller like most of the Target food?

http://www.target.com/gp/detail.html/ref=cm_reviews_dp_seemore/602-5947144-1357424?ie=UTF8&coliid=&frombrowse=1&alt%5Fview=custReviews&asin=B000CCXFEE#R1ND239V42U6PX

Canna
01-10-2007, 12:51 PM
Yes, I saw this in the Target in Milford, CT yesterday. The pieces are not large. They fit in the red metal basket as shown, which is the same size as the basket that the other play foods at Target (like the cutting food) come in. And I believe there was a cardboard spacer in the bottom of the basket to fill up part of the space as well.

imharpersmom
01-10-2007, 12:56 PM
We have this set- I bought it probably 6 months ago in the store. I can't really compare it to other sets because we don't have any other sets, but my 11-month old son plays with some of the pieces, and I don't worry about him choking on them or anything. They feel substantial to me. In fact, the peanut butter is a really good sized- I worry sometimes that it will ding up our hardwood if it gets dropped on it.
I'm probably not being much help, but I like the set- and the kids like it too!

Erin

DDowning
01-10-2007, 01:35 PM
Yes, we bought this in our local Target when we picked up the Play Wonder Market Center for christmas gifts. I agree with the previous poster - the food is pretty substantial and has the weight of wood blocks.

taraalissa
01-10-2007, 02:21 PM
Thanks all, I will look for it in-store.

kijip
01-10-2007, 05:12 PM
Yes. Toby has that set. It was a birthday present but my friend bought in store at the Northgate Target in Seattle. I think the Targets that have the wooden/imagination play aisle with the kitchens and Ryan's Room stuff have them.

FWIW, it has held up REALLY well!

newnana
01-10-2007, 05:25 PM
We have one and bought it in the store. DD is 19 months and got it for Christmas. The only thing that I'm concerned about for her is the strawberry, because she is obsessed with putting it in her mouth and walking around with it. So that one has been put away. And yes, she adores the sound it all makes when thrown on our hardwood floors. So far both have held up well, but it hasn't been that long :)
Michelle

ehmom
01-10-2007, 11:13 PM
do the lids come off of the ketchup and peanut butter? dd would be very frustrated not to be able to get the "tops" off.

just_teachin
01-10-2007, 11:20 PM
I just picked it up today for $9-something instead of $14.99 for my nephew who got a kitchen for Christmas. I haven't opened it, so I can't speak to the tops coming off. I thought the sizes were good for kids' hands...
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
Heather
Mommy to Corinne, 11/17/04
6/7 SAHM, 1/7 Kdg-8th grade music teacher; 7/7 Bargain Huntress
http://www.gynosaur.com/assets/ribbons/ribbon_sapphire_24m.gif Proudly breastfed for 24 months and 7 days! Corinne has self-weaned!

DDowning
01-11-2007, 01:15 AM
No - It just looks like a lid - think of it as basically a shaped piece of painted wood.

imharpersmom
01-11-2007, 08:23 AM
No, the lids don't come off.

Erin