PDA

View Full Version : Is My Cranky defective?

cstack
01-10-2007, 01:59 PM
My DS has Cranky the Crane (the wooden one). We've had Cranky for about 2 years now and his head does not stay on. It never has. I'm getting really tired of putting Cranky's head back on and he doesn't get played with like he should because DS gets frustrated and tosses him aside (he doesn't have the strength to push the head back on and who wants to try to lift anything with a crane if its head is going to end up dangling by a string). Is it defective or do they all do this?

SnuggleBuggles
01-10-2007, 02:18 PM
I think they all do this if pulled at all. Some moms on here have siad it hasn't been an issue for them (yes, if falls off but their child plays gently with it so it rarely happens). I know my ds likes to take Cranky's head off though so it is an issue here. If it is coming off through gentle, normal play though I would complain.

Beth

taraalissa
01-10-2007, 02:24 PM
Our Cranky did that too but like literally every two minutes. It got to the point where I didn't let DS play with it anymore because repairing Cranky became a full-time job for me and I felt like I was losing my head too ;). We now have the "Deluxe Cranky" his head stays on, and so does mine.

linsei
01-10-2007, 05:27 PM
Ours does that also. Ds got Cranky for Christmas and I think his head falls off entirely way too much. I wouldn't say that he is perfectly gentle with toys, but he isn't destructive either, iykwim. When I put it back togehter, it doesn't seem like it connects very well. I think he comes apart if ds leans on his head a little (his version of holding him whild he lowers and raises the crane.

I have been thinking of calling CS, but have not got around to it yet. I just know I'm tired of hearing "mommmmmmmmmmmmmy cwanky broke fixxxx it!"

Linda

http://b3.lilypie.com/64MSm4/.png[/img][/url]

cstack
01-10-2007, 07:56 PM
That's just it. When he was 3, I figured he was "rough" and it fell off. But now he's 6. He knows how to work the cranks and *I* can make the head fall off if I use him, too.