PDA

View Full Version : How low can they go?!! Anyone else stalking a Kinderzeat?

1964pandora
01-10-2007, 03:47 PM
Since they're discontinuing the Kinderzeat in favor of the Tripp Trapp, it looks like retailers have been given the go ahead to discount their Kinderzeats. Anyone else wondering whether we should buy now or wait for them to go lower?!! Aargh-- I would hate to buy one now and then see them go lower in a month. On the other hand, they could all be gone soon. What's a mom who *needs* another overpriced Kinderzeat to do?!

jess_g
01-11-2007, 11:26 AM
What are the prices? We have 2 but I would love to buy a third one for our third child too. Can you post some links to places with them on sale?

Thanks,

Jessica.

wencit
01-11-2007, 01:41 PM
On sale at Albee Baby for $159.99 and free shipping:

http://www.specialtybaby.com/stokkin.html

I just got mine delivered yesterday! Woohoo!

twofunboys
01-11-2007, 05:54 PM
BUMP - I'd love to find any better bargains!
Thanks!

1964pandora
01-12-2007, 12:36 AM
The Albee baby deal IS the best deal at this time. Just hoping it will eventually go lower.

nfowife
01-12-2007, 09:17 AM
We just got ours yesterday and DD ate breakfast at the table for the first time today! It was great!!

nfowife
01-12-2007, 09:17 AM
We just got ours yesterday and DD ate breakfast at the table for the first time today! It was great!!

1964pandora
01-12-2007, 10:05 AM
Expensive, but so worth it. I've dropped big bucks on other items that, in hindsight, were a total waste of money. I've appreciated our Kinderzeat every day since we got it. We love it so much that we're getting our second one!

1964pandora
01-12-2007, 10:05 AM
Expensive, but so worth it. I've dropped big bucks on other items that, in hindsight, were a total waste of money. I've appreciated our Kinderzeat every day since we got it. We love it so much that we're getting our second one!

TracyBee
01-12-2007, 12:24 PM
I ordered mine today. I'm afraid if I waited I would not be able to get the color that I wanted and Lime would look TERRIBLE in our burgundy and maroon kitchen - lol! It's worth a few dollars for me to get exactly what I want.

TracyBee
01-12-2007, 12:24 PM
I ordered mine today. I'm afraid if I waited I would not be able to get the color that I wanted and Lime would look TERRIBLE in our burgundy and maroon kitchen - lol! It's worth a few dollars for me to get exactly what I want.

mommy2cutieboys
01-13-2007, 02:58 PM
OMG - You're gonna hate me but I got 2 Kinderzeats for $109.99 each!!!!!! I got one in the cherry color and the other in natural!!!! Both are in perfect condition, a local retailer was making room for the new Tripp Trapp's, I got very lucky!!

Good luck and happy hunting!!!!!

just_teachin
01-13-2007, 06:23 PM
You don't happen to be in IL, eh?!? :) :) :)

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
Heather
Mommy to Corinne, 11/17/04
6/7 SAHM, 1/7 Kdg-8th grade music teacher; 7/7 Bargain Huntress
http://www.gynosaur.com/assets/ribbons/ribbon_sapphire_24m.gif Proudly breastfed for 24 months and 7 days! Corinne has self-weaned!

mommy2cutieboys
01-13-2007, 07:52 PM
Nope, sorry : (

Sandra

writermama
01-13-2007, 10:45 PM
I'd like one to match the one we have.

nfowife
01-13-2007, 10:56 PM
albee must have sold out of the blue recently- they had one when I ordered my black one last week! There is a blue one on ebay right now that is either NIB or EUC if you do a search there for kinderzeat.

1964pandora
01-14-2007, 12:19 AM
Thanks for the ebay headsup, but I noticed that the seller seems a little too sketchy for me. I still need a good deal!!

MeAndMyStar
01-14-2007, 01:29 AM
I've personally never ordered from this site so can't attest... $179.99 and not free shipping, but looks like they have Blueberry. HTH! http://nursery-furniture.babycatalog.com/kinderzeat/K20000.html?ipsrc=media&reftype=pp&sptype=gg

just_teachin
01-14-2007, 10:35 AM
DD is now 25+ months old-- do we need one of these? What's the pros/cons of these seats? Thanks!! :)

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
Heather
Mommy to Corinne, 11/17/04
6/7 SAHM, 1/7 Kdg-8th grade music teacher; 7/7 Bargain Huntress
http://www.gynosaur.com/assets/ribbons/ribbon_sapphire_24m.gif Proudly breastfed for 24 months and 7 days! Corinne has self-weaned!

neeter
01-14-2007, 11:51 AM
i hear they are great, but i put my DS in a cooshie booster seat, and within 5-6 months of that, he was sitting on his own in a regular kitchen table chair. i would have been annoyed if i spent all that money on a kinderzeat for 6 months of use (not sure if DS would have been sitting in it alot longer though!)

kellyotn
01-14-2007, 12:03 PM
I love ours. They are attractive, and both kids are happy in them. I never did have a big highchair.

My oldest used hers from pretty young, WAY younger than the recommendation, but she was my only at the time and I just sat with her the whole time (ie, I didn't need "highchair containment"). I used the pad and the straps, nothing special.

When #2 came along, he used one of those strapped-on booster highchairs (as I did need "containment" then!) and he got his own Kinderzeat when he was older.

Pluses, they sit at the regular table, no big tray to clean. They are totally adjustable. They can have the foot rest just right, so no dangly feet. They can climb up into them easily. My son has been climbing into his for I don't know how many months (he's currently 29 months).

We basically live in two houses, in one we have wooden restaurant highchairs from eBay in the other two Kinderzeats. In the restaurant chair house, they now both refuse to sit in them anymore and sit in adult chairs, which is more messy and looks uncomfy to me. I even removed the front bar thinking it'd be "like the Kinderzeat, no go.

In the Kinderzeat house, they never try to sit on the adult chairs. I can't explain why, but that's the way it is. (My oldest is 4 and shows no sign of "outgrowing" her Kinderzeat by size or by attitude.) ;)

writermama
01-14-2007, 02:07 PM
Thanks! I've ordered from baby catalog several times before (a dutalier glider and a marathon) and have been happy with them.

It looks a little confusing on the site, but UPS ground shipping is free within the lower 48 (sorry AK and HI).

So thanks for a good deal on the color I wanted.

stillplayswithbarbies
01-14-2007, 03:52 PM
http://www.safebeginnings.com using group code HPW gets you 20% off so it is $159 and they have blue in stock.

brittone2
01-14-2007, 03:58 PM
DS always hated the high chair from early on. If my DC was happy in a booster or highchair, I probably would not spend the $$. However, for us it has been one of our best purchases. He started using it somewhere around 15-18 months and is still using it at almost 3. As the PP said, it is ergonomically designed so no dangling legs, which can make it easier for a little one to sit still for longer. It allows a younger child some independence to climb up and into their chair on their own (it was nice when DS got to that point and I could be making lunch and tell him it was time to get into his seat). IMO It is more attractive than a high chair or booster but I wouldn't have spent the $ just for aesthetics ;) I also have upholstered Parsons chairs as our kitchen/dining area chairs. It is less messy to have him use the KZ :)

There are many parents that have said their kids used them at the table for years, and after that as a computer chair, etc.

Momof3Labs
01-14-2007, 04:24 PM
My DS1 has used his every single day for the last 3 years. If we didn't have it, he may be sitting on his knees in a regular chair, but that doesn't seem very comfy for him. Whenever we head to the table to eat, to draw, to paint, whatever, he heads straight for "his" chair. He loves it. We just bought another for DS2 for down the road since we don't see DS1 giving his up anytime soon.

Definitely one of our best baby purchases when you calculate $$ per use!

kellyotn
01-14-2007, 05:01 PM
>There are many parents that have said their kids used them at
>the table for years, and after that as a computer chair, etc.

That's what we plan on doing too. But, I foresee them being in our kitchen for a long time to come.

The KZ is one of the rare things I actually plan on saving for the grandkids!

TwinsItIs
01-15-2007, 09:55 AM
Is there any site that will tell me which local stores carry them? Perhaps I can snatch a good deal on them?

kellyotn
01-15-2007, 11:11 AM
http://www.stokkeusa.com/ may have local store info.

I bought my first from www.babystyle.com, my second from www.greatbeginnings.com. I couldn't find them locally.

1964pandora
01-15-2007, 02:43 PM
Unfortunately, safe beginnings isn't a good deal, because they charge shipping. It costs at least $20 more than the best deal out there. Oh well!

>http://www.safebeginnings.com using group code HPW gets you
>20% off so it is $159 and they have blue in stock.

Melanie
01-17-2007, 01:41 AM
Do you think I'd rather have the Tripp Trapp and the Kinderzeat? I can't remember teh difference. Dd needs a seat at the table, but is (unfortunately *ahem*) a little more wiggly/headstrong/persistant/yougetthepicture than Ds so the type of seat we have for him wouldn't be save for her.

brittone2
01-17-2007, 09:50 AM
The Tripp Trapp has the ability to have the the baby bar hook onto it (an additional cost FYI) so that might be what you are looking for? It also has the 5 point harness vs. the 3 point on the KZ.

Some people are buying the KZs now thinking their older child would hate the 5 pt vs. the 3 pt.

I'm on the fence. We have a KZ for DS and started using it around 15 or 18 months. I'm not sure if I want to go w/ a TT or a KZ for DD. I stopped using the seatbelt w/ DS when he was about 2ish so I'm not too worried about the harness type...just a matter of whether I want to shell out extra $$ to skip the highchair entirely w/ DD.

TracyBee
01-17-2007, 07:39 PM
I just wanted to note that if you plan on ordering one from albee - they're quickly running out of color choices. I ordered one last week and all colors were available. I checked back today and there are only 5 left (cherry, lime, raspberry, black and oiled).

1964pandora
01-17-2007, 11:29 PM
Your post scared me into buying one now! (I'm the OP, BTW.) I couldn't run the risk that I'd never be able to get my color. We have one blueberry, and I just ordered a raspberry. We'll be Kinderzeat primary colored-out at my house! I wish I could have gotten it at an even lower price, but there were no guarantees, and I definitely don't want a Tripp Trapp.

Melanie
01-18-2007, 01:37 AM
Thanks. It sounds like I don't have to bargain hunt b/c the KZ definitely would not be for my little daredevil.