PDA

View Full Version : Pinkmomagain-----

bcafe
01-10-2007, 05:59 PM
Have you gone to the PB outlet yet? I am wondering if the prochef series is any less than the regular stores. Thanks!

pinkmomagain
01-10-2007, 06:34 PM
Wow, it's weird to see your screen name in a subject line!

Anyways, I haven't gone yet because it is about an hour away from my house so I'll have to do it on the weekend, probably. But maybe I'll try to call tomorrow and confirm prices.

I was at PBK in the mall today, though, and I brought my little one along to try the kitchens out. One thing I didn't realize was that Pro Chef is about two inches shorter than Retro. So the workspaces for Pro Chef came up to her armpits(she is 31 in tall) and Retro came up to her shoulders. Obviously, Pro Chef works a little better for her now, but since I'm hoping to squeeze out many years of play from these darn expensive kitchens, I'm wondering if Retro works better in the long run. I guess one can also put a platform under Pro Chef if height is needed (of course that probably requires wood, nails, hammer and some know-how which is not plentiful in my house).

I'll let you know what the outlet near me says on pricing.

Gina

ehmom
01-10-2007, 11:11 PM
hello,
i was at the outlet near me tonight and they had the pro-chef stove for $199. HTH!

zuzu
01-11-2007, 10:56 AM
It was $199 at our outlet, too.

Melissa, mom to Sarah (5/03)

pinkmomagain
01-11-2007, 02:28 PM
Thank you both!

Gina

muskiesusan
01-13-2007, 07:00 PM
At our outlet today, each piece was $105!

Susan
Mom to Nick 10/01
& Alex 04/04

bcafe
01-13-2007, 08:08 PM
Where was that????? Maybe I could call them to ship???

cstack
01-14-2007, 10:04 AM
"I guess one can also put a platform under Pro Chef if height is needed (of course that probably requires wood, nails, hammer and some know-how which is not plentiful in my house)."

Or some wooden blocks and some wood glue. Most lumberyards/home improvement stores will cut for you to whatever size you want. When the time came for added height, you could just go and buy a 2X4 and have it cut into blocks for you, then use Gorilla glue to attach them to the bottoms of your pieces.

bcafe
01-14-2007, 02:44 PM
Run! LOL!