PDA

View Full Version : Selecta quality issues

sareva
01-11-2007, 10:55 AM
My sister bought two dollhouses -- Casa Bella -- one for my daughter, the second for her other niece. *Both* dollhouses arrived with broken pieces! I know that a replacement piece for ours has been sent to my mother's house (where the dollhouse was originally mailed for Christmas), so when my mom forwards the piece to me, we'll see if more follow up is required.

My sister also bought some furniture sets for the dollhouses. I don't know about her other niece, but for us, two pieces of furniture broke out of the box (my daughter didn't even get a chance to touch them!).

I don't know what others' experiences are, but I wanted to add this in case anyone does a search about Selecta (as I did, and I couldn't find much). I really like the colors and design but am far from happy about the quality. And I feel bad for my sister, who was trying to give the girls something really special for Christmas.

Sarah

dules
01-11-2007, 03:23 PM
That's too bad. I think several people were ordering these houses at the holidays - perhaps they will chime in with their experiences.

I hope your issues get resolved to your satisfaction soon.

Mary

just_teachin
01-11-2007, 07:55 PM
We got one of the large doll houses through the BBB co-op and luckily I didn't need it for this year's holidays (I was buying for next year as I couldn't pass up the price!). Two of the major pieces have pretty significant cracks in them. I've contacted the person who sold it to us, but haven't heard back yet. Hoping to get it resolved! :)

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
Heather
Mommy to Corinne, 11/17/04
6/7 SAHM, 1/7 Kdg-8th grade music teacher; 7/7 Bargain Huntress
http://www.gynosaur.com/assets/ribbons/ribbon_sapphire_24m.gif Proudly breastfed for 24 months and 7 days! Corinne has self-weaned!

mainepotato
01-12-2007, 12:53 AM
I'm so sorry (but not surprised) to hear about that. What a disappointment! I hope that the new pieces arrives in good condition.

We bought the 4249 doll house through the co-op and it also arrived with several broken pieces. We discovered them when we were assembling it on Christmas Eve. Fortunately nothing was broken that would affect the structural integrity, so DH glued everything back together and made it work. He also had to re-glue all of the pieces that they had glued at the factory. I think it will hold up now, but we were disappointed in the quality too.

mainepotato
01-12-2007, 12:53 AM
I'm so sorry (but not surprised) to hear about that. What a disappointment! I hope that the new pieces arrives in good condition.

We bought the 4249 doll house through the co-op and it also arrived with several broken pieces. We discovered them when we were assembling it on Christmas Eve. Fortunately nothing was broken that would affect the structural integrity, so DH glued everything back together and made it work. He also had to re-glue all of the pieces that they had glued at the factory. I think it will hold up now, but we were disappointed in the quality too.