PDA

View Full Version : Target train table still $55 unless I can prove it's $20 elsewhere ...

DAKnits
01-11-2007, 07:30 PM
I put the LAST train table by Little Tree on hold, but their price is $55 on clearance. The guy who was helping me over the phone said that if I had "proof" that it's $20 at other stores, I could possibly convince them to sell it to me at that price, but I have no idea how to prove that. Can anyone who bought it for $20 tell me what store you bought it from, and maybe if I tell them a specific store, they'll give me the lower price?

Is this common among Target stores?

ksli
01-11-2007, 07:46 PM
Our target still has it at $55, too. And, they won't hold clearance items. I'm in Southern California.

Where is it $20?

Kathleen

DAKnits
01-11-2007, 07:49 PM
Check out the thread below about buying two train tables ....

safarimom
01-11-2007, 08:41 PM
I bought one yesterday for $19.98 at the Altamonte Springs, FL store. Not sure what "proof" the sales associate was talking about. I went to several different area Target stores yesterday & some were 75% off & some were still at the 30-50% off. Some stores seem a little slower to mark down than others from my experience. HTH

SpaceGal
01-11-2007, 09:15 PM
As far as I know Targets don't price match each other, but if this guy will do it for you that's great!

I got ours at the Target in Clay, NY for $19.98.

I sent you an e-mail which I hope will help you with getting it for $20.

imharpersmom
01-11-2007, 09:48 PM
We got ours at Walmart for $20- I know that the tables at Target were still $55 when I checked yesterday (we're in Iowa).
Good luck- I hope you're able to talk the guy into selling it to you!

Erin

DAKnits
01-12-2007, 01:32 AM
Thanks everyone! I'll keep you posted -- but I'm not hopeful! It's still a great price at $55, but I wish Target gave the same low price at all of its stores, although I understand the reasoning.

DAKnits
sorry, double post.

DAKnits
Thanks everyone! I'll keep you posted -- but I'm not hopeful! It's still a great price at $55, but I wish Target gave the same low price at all of its stores, although I understand the reasoning.

DAKnits
sorry, double post.

DAKnits
01-12-2007, 02:48 PM
Well, they wouldn't reduce the price, but since there was only one left, and it's still a great price, I bought it. Now I'm wondering where on Earth I'm going to put it!!! I have the KidKraft Brighton table in the playroom with four red Land's End chairs, in her bedroom I have the folding Cinderella table and chairs, and in the downstairs family room play area I have the small Nilo table. The problem I find with having only the Nilo play table is that when the train is set up on there, she can't play with any of her other playsets. I noticed that since I put the trains on the Nilo table, she barely plays with her kitchen stuff (the Nilo table is right in front of the kitchen), and she nevers goes for any of her other playsets.

I'm been toying with the idea of setting up a really small play space in our office (that room leads to the backyard and DD's playhouse and picnic table). If I do, I'd probably just put the Little Tree train table in there and keep all her train stuff in that room.

She's only 2 1/2 and she's totally taken over the house!!!!

DAKnits
01-12-2007, 02:48 PM
Well, they wouldn't reduce the price, but since there was only one left, and it's still a great price, I bought it. Now I'm wondering where on Earth I'm going to put it!!! I have the KidKraft Brighton table in the playroom with four red Land's End chairs, in her bedroom I have the folding Cinderella table and chairs, and in the downstairs family room play area I have the small Nilo table. The problem I find with having only the Nilo play table is that when the train is set up on there, she can't play with any of her other playsets. I noticed that since I put the trains on the Nilo table, she barely plays with her kitchen stuff (the Nilo table is right in front of the kitchen), and she nevers goes for any of her other playsets.

I'm been toying with the idea of setting up a really small play space in our office (that room leads to the backyard and DD's playhouse and picnic table). If I do, I'd probably just put the Little Tree train table in there and keep all her train stuff in that room.

She's only 2 1/2 and she's totally taken over the house!!!!