PDA

View Full Version : which monitor? has muted/no sound but flashing lights feature?

mtnbaby
01-11-2007, 10:39 PM
looking for a monitor that I can turn the sound all the way down/off but still see flashing lights if the baby makes a sound.
My old one, I could never turn the sound all the way down and heard every little peep and murmur or would have to listen to the baby crying during a dinner party when I was letting them cry a bit!

imharpersmom
01-11-2007, 11:03 PM
We have the Fisher Price Sounds 'N Lights monitor, and we are able to turn it all the way down but still see how loud the kids are being by the light indicators. I can't sleep through ANY noise, so we have never had the monitors on so we can actually hear them. Generally I just look at the lights if I think I hear them, and it shows me how loud, or soft, they are crying.
HTH!

Erin

MarisaSF
01-11-2007, 11:32 PM
Yep, FP S&Ls is great. :)

ETA: Our monitor broke. :( I am updating this because I really liked the older version of it (it's our fault it broke, I think), but see that the new version is different and does not have good reviews (on Amazon at least).

kellyotn
01-12-2007, 12:04 AM
AngelCare Sound and Movement monitors have the lights and sound that can go all the way off. Might be more than you're looking for. I liked mine a lot though.

DrSally
01-12-2007, 08:36 AM
FP is good, I use for travel and have sony baby call (I think) at home (more expensive)

DrSally
01-12-2007, 08:36 AM
FP is good, I use for travel and have sony baby call (I think) at home (more expensive)

pb&j
01-12-2007, 01:55 PM
We've got the Sony Baby Call and you can turn the volume all the way down, and the lights still come on.

-Ry,
mom to Max the one year old
and my girl in heaven

http://www.windsorpeak.com/dc/user_files/37124.gif

pb&j
01-12-2007, 01:55 PM
We've got the Sony Baby Call and you can turn the volume all the way down, and the lights still come on.

-Ry,
mom to Max the one year old
and my girl in heaven

http://www.windsorpeak.com/dc/user_files/37124.gif

racerl1
01-13-2007, 09:58 AM
We have the Sony and the Angel Care. You can turn the sound all the way down on both and have just the lights.

ranchgirl
01-13-2007, 12:25 PM
You might not want a video, but I love the Mobicam video monitor. You can turn the sound all the way down and use the auto feature that makes the video come on only when baby is moving so at night the light from the camera comes on and you can put the sound to where you can only hear it if baby is really tuning up. This is a great monitor and the only one you will need.

Crunchymom
01-17-2007, 04:51 AM
I also have the Sony Baby Call and love it. You can turn the sound all the way down and it also has a voice-activated mode that only turns on when a "new" sound occurs-- like a cry, but not something like a white noise machine or fan. It's also waterproof and I take mine in the shower with me all the time!