PDA

View Full Version : How to display my headpiece from my wedding?

taraalissa
01-12-2007, 12:38 PM
I have the most beautiful Swarovski headpiece from my wedding. It seems such a shame to keep it in a box in the closet. I would really like to put it in some kind of shadow box and display it on my wall next to one of our wedding pics. I can't seem to find one deep enough though. Standard size seems to be 2 inches and of course I would need something much deeper. Custom made ones are out of the question since they are seriously expensive. Michael's quoted me over $200 and that was during a 50% off framing sale. So, does anyone have any idea as to how I could do this? Or a good online source for custom shadow boxes?

taraalissa
01-12-2007, 12:38 PM
I have the most beautiful Swarovski headpiece from my wedding. It seems such a shame to keep it in a box in the closet. I would really like to put it in some kind of shadow box and display it on my wall next to one of our wedding pics. I can't seem to find one deep enough though. Standard size seems to be 2 inches and of course I would need something much deeper. Custom made ones are out of the question since they are seriously expensive. Michael's quoted me over $200 and that was during a 50% off framing sale. So, does anyone have any idea as to how I could do this? Or a good online source for custom shadow boxes?

annasmom
01-12-2007, 07:15 PM
Hmmm, have you checked all aisles at Michaels and similar stores?? Depending on the size of your head piece, I bet it could fit in a shadow box meant for sports memorabilia -for instance an autographed baseball. I am pretty sure that I have seen boxes like this at Michaels, but maybe broaden your search a little and you will find something.

annasmom
01-12-2007, 07:15 PM
Hmmm, have you checked all aisles at Michaels and similar stores?? Depending on the size of your head piece, I bet it could fit in a shadow box meant for sports memorabilia -for instance an autographed baseball. I am pretty sure that I have seen boxes like this at Michaels, but maybe broaden your search a little and you will find something.

MarisaSF
01-12-2007, 11:47 PM
Not sure if you meant to post in the Baby Bargains forum. I know the navigation can be a little tricky sometimes. Here's the link to the Bridal Bargains forum: http://www.windsorpeak.com/dc/dcboard.php?az=show_topics&forum=3

Good luck -- and congrats on your marriage. :)

racerl1
01-13-2007, 09:56 AM
If you can't find a shadow box, I put mine in my curio cabinet.

cstack
01-13-2007, 11:42 AM
You might do a search for a crown case or a tiara case. I'm thinking that there must be something for pageant contestants that would work.

August Mom
01-14-2007, 01:18 PM
The Container Store has quite a few display & shadow boxes, so you might check there.