PDA

View Full Version : balance bike at Target (similar to like a bike)

luckymom
01-12-2007, 04:58 PM
Target has started carrying a balance bike (one of the no pedals, wooden push bikes for toddlers/preschoolers learning to ride - I think some other brands are Like a Bike, skuut, etc) It's their own house brand, Play Wonder, wood, adjustable seat, limited turn radius, and best of all, $49.99. I picked one up today. It was in the new spring summer toys ailse, but only at our bigger Target. They also had a lot of other cute outdoor type toys, a really cute bbq grill and wood food accessories, sand toys, etc. Not that I needed another reason to spend more money at Target :)

Hope it helps someone looking for one of these-
Lucy

luckymom
01-12-2007, 04:58 PM
Target has started carrying a balance bike (one of the no pedals, wooden push bikes for toddlers/preschoolers learning to ride - I think some other brands are Like a Bike, skuut, etc) It's their own house brand, Play Wonder, wood, adjustable seat, limited turn radius, and best of all, $49.99. I picked one up today. It was in the new spring summer toys ailse, but only at our bigger Target. They also had a lot of other cute outdoor type toys, a really cute bbq grill and wood food accessories, sand toys, etc. Not that I needed another reason to spend more money at Target :)

Hope it helps someone looking for one of these-
Lucy

Pegessen
01-13-2007, 08:11 AM
I saw that bike yesterday and it is so cute! I would have bought it for DS but we just got him a bike with training wheels for Christmas and he loves it. I couldn't justify buying a wooden bike, I don't think my husband would have been to happy.

Anyway, I love all the new summer Play Wonder items! The grill and the wooden food are so cute! I want to get DS the golf set, croquet,
and the tunnel for sure! Oh and the egg game is cute too and it is only $5.99.

My hubbie asked me last night if I could PLEASE stay out of Target for a while (I went to 4 of them yesterday checking out the clearance items)! lol

neeter
01-13-2007, 09:11 AM
oh wow, thanks for posting this! is there any way you could post a picture (of the box)? i just went to target today and didn't see it...

thanks!!

mariza
01-14-2007, 09:08 AM
Not sure if this is what the OP was referring to, but I've seen this at my Target: (couldn't find it on Target's website though)

http://radioflyer.stores.yahoo.net/balancebike.html

It was in the section with the bike trailers and trikes. HTH!
Mariza
Mommy to my "Thing 1" DD 1/05
and "Thing 2" DS 9/06

luckymom
01-14-2007, 09:36 AM
No, its not a radio flyer one, although that looks neat too. It's a Play Wonder (target house brand, i think), in a blue box with the red/green/yellow diamonds on the side, in our stores new spring/summer toys aisle (there was also a grill toy, sprinklers, croquet games, a space for a picnic table and sandbox but they weren't out yet - lots of cute stuff, most were Play Wonder brand). Our little Target did not have this aisle. They actually had one set up as well. Box looks very similar to the play wonder kitchen and market boxes if that helps. I'll try to get a pic of the box and bike today. We put it together yesterday, the instructions were a little off, but went together fine, just a couple steps. Seat is still a little high at the lowest setting for my not quite 2.5 ds, but I think it will be perfect by summer. I'm quite pleased with it. It has a padded seat as well, and the box says the wood is weathered.

He has the Play wonder kitchen, which he loves and has really held up very well, so I have high hopes for the bike.

kochh2
02-24-2007, 12:58 PM
we checked out the target bike recently, and were wondering how it's held up so far, as the wood seemed a little 'flimsy???" in the display model... any one have any reviews??

kochh2
05-06-2007, 11:21 AM
anyone have reviews yet???
haven't seen this bike in the stores lately... are we too late??