PDA

View Full Version : Can two Geek video monitors be used at once?

oneontheway
01-14-2007, 12:37 PM
We have a video monitor from geeks.com which we like a lot and need another one for our second baby due in March. Does anyone know if you can use two monitors in one house??

Thanks!

nfowife
01-14-2007, 12:51 PM
I would like to know as well. We love our geeks monitor but I don't know if I want to spend the $$ to try it out! Especially since it only has 4 channels to work with. I might just suck it up and do it though!

oneontheway
01-14-2007, 04:12 PM
I've emailed geeks.com twice but haven't had any response. I was hoping someone here might of tried it :) If I find anything out I'll reply to the post with the info. Good luck!!

jeniferrlynne
01-14-2007, 10:00 PM
Well we have 2 sets, so I will try to do a test run for you and check. We got ours at saveateagle.com. It is priced at 49.00 now on their site, with shipping less than $10 to us. I think that is cheaper than geeks, so something to consider!
Will try messing with the sets tomorrow when DS is not sleeping!

ETA: website link http://www.saveateagle.com/bm-242a-n.html

nfowife
01-14-2007, 11:08 PM
Jen, that would be awesome if you could let us know!! I love my geeks monitor so much and don't want to have to go without for #2!

o_mom
01-15-2007, 10:37 AM
Thank You!

I just ordered one from there!

calv
01-15-2007, 03:15 PM
I'd love to know the results as well. we have one from geeks and since the sony monitor is dieing on us, I'd love to use all geeks montiors in the house. can't wait to see your post. TIA.

jeniferrlynne
01-16-2007, 02:52 PM
Well from my test runs so far, I can only report bad news. They are interchangeable receivers, but interfere with each others signals. So say I put one camera in one bedroom on channel 4, then the other in another room on channel 1. On a single receiver, I couldn't pick up one camera at all and the other camera signal had interference. But when I turned one camera off it picked up the other just fine. Or when I tried putting one camera close to the other receiver,(which I realize you would never do anyways) it would pick up the closest signal even though it was set on a different station. Sooo, maybe there are other tests I can try but it looks like you would basically have to have the units really far from each other to make it work. Our house is just not that large! I hope this made sense. I may try to play with it more when DH is home, but it looks not good for our house. :(

jeniferrlynne
01-16-2007, 02:52 PM
double post oops!

nfowife
01-16-2007, 05:31 PM
okay, I think when we are in need of another video monitor we'll have to go with a different frequency, like one of the 900mhz ones or maybe by then there will be a 5.8 ghz one available since the geeks one is 2.4ghz? I don't have any interference using both my sony babycall 900 mhz audio monitor with the geeks one for times I only want audio and no video, so I think that is the way to go then. Too bad!

jeniferrlynne
01-16-2007, 05:35 PM
I know your little man is due any day now, so I pray sweet blessings on your delivery

oneontheway
01-16-2007, 06:17 PM
That is a bummer but thanks so much for testing for us!!! Let us know if you figure anything out and I'll do the same.

Good luck with your second delivery :)

hobokengirl
01-18-2007, 01:50 PM
thanks i was just about to order the geeks one!

o_mom
01-18-2007, 02:13 PM
Ordered this on Monday and it was delivered yesterday! It didn't even have time to show as shipped in their system. Granted it was only coming from two states away, but I was totally impressed with their service.

The monitor works pretty well, but we need to adjust some of the settings to get a better picture at night. Also, in case anyone else has this problem, the instruction manual is a yellow, moon-shaped booklet that looks like part of the packaging. We kind of muddled our way through thinking there was no instructions, but found it later.