PDA

View Full Version : Kinderzeat vs. Tripp Trapp???

abharrington
01-14-2007, 12:56 PM
so what is the difference? I have been admiring these seats for their "non - highchair" look and I read the post that said kinderzeats are on sale as they are replaced by the Tripp Trapp but i can't really see any difference by looking at pictures online??

I have a newborn, so i won't be using it for awhile...is it worth it to go ahead and get one of the kinderzeats now while they are on sale?

Thanks!

Also...does anyone have the dimensions of the kinderzeat/tripp trapp? We have a taller table and i was just wondering how the chair would fit next to it. Thanks!

elliput
01-14-2007, 01:07 PM
The only difference is in the harness. Three point vs. Five point. Construction wise the chairs are identical.

ETA- and the available colors are different between the two.

cstack
01-14-2007, 03:21 PM
Stokke says that the Kinderzeat is more appropriate for 18 mos. & up and the Tripp Trapp can be used for kids as young as 6 mos (I'm pretty sure that would be individual child dependent). They are also no longer making the Kinderzeat, so what's out there is out there and that's all she wrote.

nfowife
01-14-2007, 03:26 PM
The tripp trapp has the bar you can add onto the front for a younger child (infant) and the 5 pt. harness. I think it might have a more supportive back either included or optional (and the slots for all these things to fit in- the kz does not). Then when baby is old enough you can remove the bar and all that and just have what looks like the KZ. So if you want to bypass the highchair altogether, you will want the tripp trapp anyhow- a younger baby will need the front bar support of the TT, IMO.

tg_canada
03-30-2007, 02:02 PM
I agree with what was said in the post above. Although, from what I gathered from pictures, the North American Tripp Trapp doesn't have the more supportive back supplied with the baby rail (plastic baby rail in NA). In Europe they have a cool, wooden baby rail that comes with a more supportive back. If I could have gotten the wooden baby rail easily, instead of the plastic one, I might have gone for the Tripp Trapp (instead got the Svan). It does look like the cushion provides better backing on the NA model, but not the same as having an actual wooden back (IMO).

gcampbell72
03-30-2007, 02:27 PM
The Kinderzeat and Tripp Trapp only work with standard height tables. Our table is 29.5" tall. It works well, but we are at the highest seat setting. I would guess that any table over 30" tall wouldn't work.

Cathy