PDA

View Full Version : SnugGliderâ„¢ Infant Car Seat Swing Frame

neeleymartin
01-15-2007, 06:53 PM
Has anyone seen this in action. we registered for it today. our house is very small and a traditional swing would just take up too much space. any feedback would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks, neeley

KentuckyRK
01-15-2007, 07:59 PM
I saw this on the Graco site too and was wondering about it... it looks great!

However, my question is, will this be something that your child outgrows when he/she outgrows the snugride, because my godson out grew his at 6 months but was still using his actual Graco swing until he was around 9 months.

Lovingliv
01-15-2007, 08:35 PM
I just saw this at BRU. I guess it is cool...but you can get a regular travel Graco swing that costs around the same and is the same size...why wouldn't you just get that?

Lilysmom06
01-16-2007, 08:28 AM
We have a very small house as well, and let me tell you, I was sooo sad when we put away our FP cradle swing. It took up alot of room, but she loved it, and I did too! I would get a real swing instead, and if its possible get the cradle swing (my DD loved to swing side to side, not so much front to back).

Another thing to consider, it is not great to keep your baby in a carseat all the time. It would be better to take them out of the seat, and put them in a separate swing once you got home. I have read that too long in the seat can contribute to a flattening of the back of the head.

Just some things to think about!!

Kathy

luvsviola
01-16-2007, 12:15 PM
The description says a SafeSeat would fit...so you could potentially use it to 30 lbs.

neeleymartin
01-16-2007, 07:28 PM
I went onto gracobaby.com and I can't find any other travel swings. According to Graco this will fold for storage, which is a big plus for us. the smaller swings that we saw were just that...smaller. We really liked the idea of being able to quickly put this away and take it out for use.

I thought about the flattening of the head, but wouldn't the swing cradle do the same thing? not sure if I'm missing something. Believe me, I do not plan on using this unless the baby is fussy and unconsolable (sp.)

Thanks for the great responses.
neeley

traciann
01-16-2007, 07:39 PM
neeley,

I saw this the other day at bru...and I liked it better than having a travel swing. the travel one had a weird angle and this one seemed to glide so much better. I don't think its any different than having your baby in a regular swing, and some babies will only sleep in their carseats..which I thought would be a plus. I had a cradle swing and loved it...but space wise this one is much smaller. Worse case you can get this one....try it out for a while, and see if it works and return if it doesn't. now that i think about it...my DD slept only in her swing for the first 5 months...this would have been so handy with going to visit relatives and so forth. i would have gladly shelled out the money for it!

traci