PDA

View Full Version : Toy Vacuum Cleaners

Pennylane
01-16-2007, 07:47 PM
My DS had the best time playing with a friends vacuum the other day. It was a red dirt devil I think. I googled it but came up with nothing. Has anyone seen it? If not, any thoughts on the one at PBK'S. They have free shipping on it right now.

http://www.potterybarnkids.com/products/hd520/index.cfm?pkey=gthmfavshp&cm%5Fsrc=campaign

Thanks,
Ann

nfowife
01-16-2007, 08:06 PM
The red dirt devil is from Target. It was one of their "cool toys" for the holidays. It was marked down to about $8 after Xmas, not sure if they are still in stores anymore though!

Pennylane
01-16-2007, 08:19 PM
I go in there all the time and never saw that. Thanks though, now I'll stop searching for it!

Ann

cstack
01-16-2007, 08:25 PM
TRU also has them. DS has the Hoover one. A bit pricier, but I bought it because it was close to mine and had attachments too. We also had the Dirt Devil one and it held up pretty well. The Hoover has held up better, though.

ETA: http://www.toysrus.com/search/index.jsp?kwCatId=&kw=vacuum&origkw=vacuum&f=Taxonomy/TRUS/2254197

Pennylane
01-16-2007, 08:32 PM
Did you buy it in store or online?

Thanks, Ann

jvs195
01-16-2007, 09:35 PM
We bought the Dirt Devil at TRU store. It was kind of hidden in with the "girl" toys - pink kitchen sets and the like, but DS loves it.

cstack
01-16-2007, 09:43 PM
I bought mine in store. They are in the "girl" section of the store with the housekeeping/kitchen stuff.

Pennylane
01-17-2007, 06:34 AM
Thanks for all your help. I'm heading to TRU today to check for them.

Ann

brittone2
01-17-2007, 09:47 AM
Can't speak to the quality of the other ones, but DS adores the PBK pink vacuum. During our last trip there, there were none for sale in the store and there wasn't even a floor/play area model. I guess they sold out over the holidays? I've been meaning to check on them online. His bday is coming up :) That vacuum is the first thing he runs for when we walk in the store LOL.

I like some of the other less expensive options posted above!

I've also debated a working carpet sweeper...a non motorized one that you can use on hardwood, etc. Target sells one, as does For Small Hands or one of the other Montessori type catalogs. I'm not sure if I should go for function or for a vac that looks like what he thinks of as a vacuum. It would be nice if he could sweep up some dog hair for me on the hardwood and vinyl flooring LOL.

traciann
01-17-2007, 11:51 AM
I bought the cool toys one, and DD loved it but it was hard to get into the vacuum mode (DD couldn't tilt it herself and she was frustrated) and it was kinda squeeky so I returned it. I plan to get her the little tikes version...which looks almost identical to the PBK vacuum.

http://www.littletikes.com/toys/toys-detail.aspx?Product_ID=2427&Ntt=vacuum&N=26&Ntk=Product+Search

ekbecker1
01-23-2007, 12:09 AM
We had the red dirt devil one and I think my MIL got it from Lilian Vernon. I wouldn't recommend it though. Ours broke after a few weeks.