PDA

View Full Version : After-Christmas blahs... What is DC NOT playing with now?

ajmom
01-18-2007, 10:17 PM
My boys got WAY too many toys for Christmas, mainly from grandparents. Since some of the "newness" has worn off, a few toys they HAD to have are now by the wayside...

*Diego Rescue Center- fell apart and is in multiple pieces in our nursery (that's not being used as a nursery)

*Rescue Heroes Command Center- this one doesn't really DO anything and the boys ignore it

*Wooden Castle by Imaginarium- this POS toy has already had 2 pieces break off. I do NOT reccommend it

Anything DC's liked for awhile and now aren't playing with?

elaineandmichaelsmommy
01-19-2007, 03:09 AM
dd just had to have the barbie guitar,now i think that dh plays with it more than her. She's also not playing with her little ponies much. But it seems that she's afraid to play with her toys because she thinks that ds will mess them up. Not sure what to do for that.
grandparents got her the fold away barbie dollhouse and she's never touched it.we put it together,took it up to her room and that was it.
go figure.

jen

kijip
01-19-2007, 11:44 AM
No issues here but I did thin things out just before and just after Christmas. If he is not playing with it, it goes out out out of my home as fast as I can grab it. I did put some train stuff and a couple of other things in storage for him to have again in a little bit when the newness has worn off the stuff he loves this month.

jse107
01-19-2007, 03:21 PM
The Little Einsteins figures that I thought he would LOVE. They sit in the bin, never getting any action. I'm not terribly heartbroken, as they are junky plastic anyway, but still...

sdbc
01-19-2007, 04:32 PM
Sheesh, DD barely plays with *any* of her toys.

The list of toys she doesn't play with from Xmas/Chanukah is:
playsilks, Ikea trains, matchbox cars, scooter, Aladin playset (from a friend).

The list of other toys she doesn't play with: kitchen, dollhouse, kettler trike, blocks.

Pretty much the only things she uses consistently is her baby doll and accessories, Brain Quest cards, books, easel, play tent, pillows to build a fort with, rake and other "real" tools, and arts and crafts. For excerise she likes running, dancing (but not using the silks), and jumping on the bed. I honestly don't know why I buy her toys. She's much happier helping us cook or rake the leaves. She actually "helped" paint part of the livng room last weekend!

Sue, mommy to Aurora (Rory) born 5/13/04

Tondi G
01-19-2007, 07:38 PM
I thought my boys would really love the Brio Plan toys Parking Garage that everyone recommends over here but it got played with a few times and is now sitting in the living room collecting dust... BUMMER!

~Tondi

Hippoharbor
01-19-2007, 08:28 PM
My biggest disappointment is that he is not the least bit interested in the Maxim Deluxe Tumble Treehouse. Also does not bother with TMX elmo, Ryans Room fire station (LOVES the firetruck, though) and the Thomas roundhouse. Oh, well.

Michelle

JASC
01-19-2007, 09:58 PM
We bought DS a ride-on excavator thinking he would love, love, love it! We couldn't have been more wrong! It just sits in the corner and is destined for the next garage sale!! :(

dules
01-20-2007, 04:27 PM
I tried to do this, esp with toys she really almost never plays with (2 small train sets stored in their boxes, a few stuffed animals of the 50 or so she has, etc.) and she has NOTICED!

The trains and LP garage were not gone two days when she asked to play with them. I'm sure it's just because they disappeared from the playroom. :(

Books have ended up being the gifts she has loved the most from the holidays, particularly The Very Noisy Night and Bear Snores On. She's scared of the hop horse but hopefully she will come around to him. She loves the dollhouse but she doesn't use the dolls, just her smaller stuffed animals, in it. :)

The princess dress up trunk is the sleeper hit, which I can attest to by the glitter all over the floor of my house.

Mary

nicknack
01-20-2007, 10:12 PM
Yeah, my sisters got that for Brooks and he hardly plays with it! Maybe would have been more suitable last xmas. I'm hoping he warms to it, but doubtful...

neeter
01-21-2007, 06:15 AM
michelle - how old is your DS? i'm wondering because i have this but not sure when to give it to my DS! i got this when he was 2, thinking i'd give it to him when he's 3. he just turned 3, but i don't think he's into imaginary figures sort of play that much yet. hopefully by 4!!! thanks!!

neeter
01-21-2007, 06:17 AM
*candyland -- no attention span for it

*fp digital camera -- he was interested in it for about 2 days. mostly because of the clicky noise.

Hippoharbor
01-21-2007, 07:53 AM
J is 23 months old, which I do think explains his disinterest in the treehouse. He is not into imaginative play yet, either, but I hoped giving this to him would help him learn to use his imagination. I wish I had waited, because the treehouse is very large and cannot be stored easily once assembled.

Michelle