PDA

View Full Version : looking for a bath tub, not?

neeleymartin
01-19-2007, 07:55 PM
We have no space to store a bathtub in our house. 1 bathroom and no closet in there.

i have seen the safer bather (looks like a pillow baby sits in). I have also seen the giant yellow sponge that's shaped like a bear. I like the idea that they can hang in the shower on a stick on hook to dry.

I am open for more non-tub ideas. i'm new at this and i know that many of you are old pros. mostly concerned with the baby slipping and sliding. we plan to bath in the kitchen sink for a while and then move into the tub in the bathroom.

thanks in advance,
neeley

kimbe
01-19-2007, 08:30 PM
In our previous home, we had no room to store a bathtub either. Two bathrooms, but only 1 tub! We still used the Eurobath. We just left it in the tub. When DH and I needed to take a shower, we just took it out and then put it back in when we were done and closed the curtain. You could also hang it up if you wanted to.

We originally bought the bathtub that folds up (I think it was by Safety first) because of storage reasons. It was great in theory....fit right in the bathroom sink cabinet. What a rat trap. DD grew out of it in a matter of weeks and got her fingers stuck in it all the time.

You can't go wrong with the kitchen sink though and you could always take a bath/shower with your baby once he/she grows out of the sink.

HTH!

Emmas Mom
01-20-2007, 11:42 AM
I used the Safer Bather with both my girls & really liked it. I never noticed any smells or mold or mildew ever. Although we only forgot to hang it up to dry a couple of times. And it dries up nicely. We washed them a few times & never had any problems with that either.

betsydenny
01-20-2007, 12:37 PM
We have been thru 2 kids with no baby bath tub and did just fine. I got one of those $5 sponge things that I used in the sink for months and then in the big tub. It was great and easy to replace when it got yucky. By 5 months we were using a tub seat (blue round thing that helps stabilize early sitters in the tub. Can't remember the name sorry!) And that was great too. I plan the same strategy for all future children.
HTH!
Betsy

Marisa6826
01-20-2007, 12:49 PM
I know it's huge, but the Eurobath was one of my all time fave purchases for Amelia. We even used it on the kitchen counter (it has a little drain thing on the bottom, so it's not like you have to dump it.) Seriously, it made giving Mia baths SO much easier than in the sink, where I was always afraid she'd slip under while I was washing her.

I was SO sorry I didn't have it for Sophie. Definitely check it out.

When it wasn't in use, we just kept it in the shower up on its side. Oh, and when we moved to the tub, we actually put the Eurotub IN the regular tub. Not only did it use less water, but I found that I wasn't as scared about her falling over (the Euro has one side where the baby reclines and is held in place and the other, is an area for them to sit up).

-m

C99
01-20-2007, 12:50 PM
I had the Eurobath and never used it. I found it to be a huge pain in the butt. It was easier to either bathe DS directly in the tub, but I quickly learned to just get in the tub with him. I did that with both my DS and DD until they could stand on their own. Now I still get in the tub with them half the time that they have their baths. The only time I used the kitchen sink was when we stayed at my in-laws' house and their water heater went out - a lot easier to boil some water in the kettle to fill the sink w/ warm water than a whole bathtub.

MeAndMyStar
01-21-2007, 02:36 PM
We used an infant tub with DD for about a year. Now we use the regular tub with this liner. http://tinyurl.com/ypywj2

It suctions onto the bottom of the tub and onto the wall when not in use. It works well for a baby who can sit up. HTH!

Lilysmom06
01-21-2007, 03:28 PM
We are still using the safer bather for my DD who is 7 months old, and think it works very well. We use it daily, at first in the sink and now in the tub. We just rinse, and hang to dry. No problems with mold or anything. We didn't get a baby tub for the same reason as you - limited space, but we havent missed it at all.

Kathy

TraciG
01-21-2007, 03:43 PM
When Sydney was an infant I used the safer bather, I think that's what is was, it's like a pillow & it's blue, I'd put that in my little bathroom sink & Sydney on that ! You can hang that one after you use it also. When Sydney got bigger I then used the Eurobath & I kept in the bath to store it .

TwinsItIs
01-22-2007, 12:28 AM
I don't know how old your baby is, but this option is not for newborns. It works very well once they sit up, but it works great. The Munchkin Ducky bath. It costs ten bucks and I love it. I don't have to fill up a huge bathtub for my son. I know that he's safe and I don't need to hold onto him when he's in the bath. He feels very secure in it and plays nicely. He's 15 months old and fits in very nicely still.

Target sells it. Just google Munchkin Ducky bath.

Canna
01-22-2007, 01:23 PM
We have 1 tiny bathroom: your knees literally hit the side of the tub when you sit on the toilet!

We never used any kind of special tub or tub-device for DD. DH or I would just get in the tub with her and hold her. I think we used the kitchen sink once. Now that she's 2, she just sits in the regular tub by herself, but one of us still frequently gets in the tub with her.

robyn9474
02-02-2007, 04:12 PM
We had both the little bear-shaped sponge and a full plastic/foam baby tub (don't recall the brand) but I didn't like either one. We just bathed DS in our sink until about 6 months, then he went in the tub on a non-slip liner. This was made easier because he LOVED his baths and therefore was always cooperative in the tub, and DH and I would give baths together until he could truly sit up on his own.

Of course, this was all acceptable for the first child, but with our second showing up in a little over a week, I'm thinking there will be more parent-solo baths and therefore the safer bather is looking like a nice option...

Robyn