PDA

View Full Version : need recommendation for a bouncer seat

Eileen
01-21-2007, 12:03 AM
I was looking at the Fisher Price Baby Papasan infant seat. I love the colors and how cozy it looks, but it hasn't received the best reviews. I would appreciate any feedback on this seat or any recommendations for another bouncer seat. Too many choices!!

Eileen

Pegessen
01-21-2007, 01:29 AM
We (well DD) did not like the Papasan infant seat. She only used it a couple of times (maybe 3 times) she liked the FP Ocean Wonders Bouncy Seat much better! I personally think the papasan was a waste of $ and I ended up selling ours on Craigslist.

mommyapb
01-21-2007, 04:40 PM
My dd LOVED this seat. I just put it away 2 weeks ago--she was 9.5 months at the time. She would still crawl over to it and play with the bird & chimes.
http://www.amazon.com/Flutterbye-Dreams-Flutter-Chime-Bouncer/dp/B0002ZOI8I

HTH

jyllebean
01-21-2007, 08:58 PM
We ended up buying the fisher price infant to toddler rocker bouncer seat. It got good reviews and seems practical because you can use it later on too. We are still waiting for our baby to arrive, so I don't have any first hand experience, but I did put it together and it seems fine. Granted the papasan looks better, but from what I hear, a lot of people don't like the papasan bouncy seat, but love the papasan swing. We found our rocker cheapest at walmart, although I know they sell them lots of other places too. Also check out babiesrus and amazon for reviews.

http://www.target.com/gp/detail.html/sr=1-1/qid=1169431082/ref=sr_1_1/601-5782479-1164929?ie=UTF8&asin=B0002ZOI9W

HTH
Jill

nfowife
01-22-2007, 01:07 PM
I have both the papasan seat and the ocean wonders seat. The papasan is nice for the first few weeks, but it doesn't do much (well, the newer version I have seen seems to do more- mine doesn't have a mobile or anything. It just vibrates and plays music). It is nice and cozy and a nice place to put baby down. The Ocean Wonders (being discontinued for the rainforest line I think) is much longer lasting- it has a bar with fun things to look at and music, plus it vibrates. My DD loved hers and it was the only way we could eat dinner in peace for a long time! I just pulled it out for the new baby and DD still likes to sit in it, though she is at the max weight for it now and pretty much too tall for it.
If you can only get one, get one that does more stuff and has a bar with activities. It will last you longer!

ajrivers
01-22-2007, 01:12 PM
FWIW my son never really liked the Ocean Wonders bouncer and it was too straight up and down for him and not that cuddly. We stopped even trying to use it around 6 months so maybe he would have gotten into it more then and weighed a bit more so it molded to him a bit. The cradle swing was the big hit in our house, but I think some babies are bouncers and some are swingers :-)

HannaAddict
01-22-2007, 02:05 PM
Hi, I think it is really a process of trial and error to see if your baby likes the cushy papasan or wants more activity with a "bouncy" seat. My son (now 34 months) LOVED the papasan and hated the regular bouncer seat. We returned the bouncy seat he'd received, it was overstimulating for him and he just hated it. He happily sat in the papasan and checked out what was going on, he didn't even need the music or vibration. It lasted until he outgrew it, for a few months at least (he was big).

Flash forward 2.5 years. We brought out the papasan chair and my daughter thought it was okay at first, but at a month or so, she wanted some action! We bought her a Fisher Price rocker bouncer with toy bar and she loves leaning forward and focusing on grabbing the toys, etc. The papasan is still used for some things, she likes to sit in it and watch while we cook. But she also really enjoys the more active bouncer and likes all the features that my son hated. Go figure.

And, she does like the Papasan cradle swing we bought her (it came out after my son was too big) and takes great naps in the papasan swing. We are on vacation and rented the Ocean Wonders cradle swing and she seems to like it even more than the papasan swing since there are lights, etc. She still will sleep in it, but also likes hanging out looking at the fish, etc.

Good luck finding a chair that your little one enjoys. We do really like the papsan, but you might want to supplement it with an action bouncer too.

Kimberly