PDA

View Full Version : Automoblox

TwinsItIs
01-22-2007, 12:52 AM
What's the big deal about the Automoblox? From what age do you think it's appropriate?

Thanks

ChunkyNicksChunkyMom
01-22-2007, 08:50 AM
They are (mostly) wooden cars that come apart and are interchangeable with parts from the other cars. The body parts of each car are held together by removeable connectors that had different shapes and colors, this helps the child to learn that the stars ( or the squares, circles etc) must be inserted into the like shapes for the thing to go together.
The people that ride in the cars have shapes on the bottom so when they are put into a car they must me inserted into the proper shape cut-out to fit and work right. The tires come off and it helps with fine motor skills to get them back on.You can also create all kinds of new styles of car buy mixing the parts from the individual sets. Nick is 26 months and very intrigued by how things fit together so these are great for him. The people inside are a choking hazzard for young kids so I have to keep an eye out that my younger baby does not get to them. Go to the automoblox website and check it out. Dollar for dollar these were money well spent at my house, at least. ( plus they just look really cool). hth.

Susan

#1 Nick 11-18-04
#2 Kate 04-26-06

BaileyBea
01-22-2007, 10:19 AM
Ditto!

Plus it helps with fine motor skills. (no pun intended). Remember around this age children need to develop hand skills for working w/smaller objects ie. buttoning up a shirt etc.. learning to use the thumb and index finger etc..

Nancy

TwinsItIs
01-22-2007, 11:13 AM
From what age would you recommend this?

madelinesmom
01-22-2007, 12:17 PM
I do not have these but my neighbor bought them for her 4 year old son, they were the hit of Christmas. She says she should have bought them last year...

HTH...

Jane
Madeline 1/20/03
Emily 11/29/05
http://b4.lilypie.com/l3-em6/.png
http://b1.lilypie.com/-FG1m6/.png

ChunkyNicksChunkyMom
01-22-2007, 12:56 PM
I think then when they are of an age when you are not concerned about them putting the driver guys in the mouth. They show the dimenions on th website. These would be great cars to just start out driving around on the floor and the learning parts could come later and naturally.
Susan

#1 Nick 11-18-04
#2 Kate 04-26-06