PDA

View Full Version : Anyone care to review the Boyton cds from Kohls?

ciaobella
01-13-2007, 07:27 PM
I went to a Kohl's near me today and found all of the books and animals, and ended up just buying Philadelphia Chickens and Dog Train because there was mixed reviews on Amazon for the third title.

I am also interested in buying more as gifts (with the matching animals), but would prefer to know which one is the best of the bunch ... so I would appreciate your feedback!

niecie
01-13-2007, 08:29 PM
I haven't listened to Dog Train yet but Rhinocerous Tap is cute but not as fun as Philadelphia Chickens. That's our fav so far. HTH

mom2ethan
01-13-2007, 11:09 PM
We have all three books & cds. My four year old son's absolute favorite is Dog Train. It's more rock-based than the other two. He puts it in and starts dancing like mad around his room. As for me...I enjoyed Philadelphia Chickens from the start. It took a while for Dog Train to grow on me, but now I find myself sing the songs around the house. However, I just never really got into Rhinoceros Tap and agree that it isn't as good as the others.

samantha546
01-14-2007, 06:21 PM
Not crazy about Dog Train just yet.. but it's only been 5 months and we don't listen to it every day..

chlobo
01-14-2007, 08:12 PM
We have listened to two. I *love* Philadelphia Chicken. Have from the very beginning.

I'm having a hard time feeling the same love for Dog Train. I'm hoping Rhinosasaurus tap is a little better.

purpleeyes
01-14-2007, 10:18 PM
The WHOLE family loves Ph. Chickens! Ever since we bought it, DS has wanted to listen to it in the car and for naps/bedtime. He often falls asleep on the book. ;)

Just today my husband said "I wonder if they have this on Rhapsody (an internet radio thing-y that we subscribe to). I would listen to this at work!"

That's pretty high praise for kid's music, huh? ;)

Beth

ciaobella
01-14-2007, 10:25 PM
Sounds like I need to pick up a couple of copies of the Philadelhia Chickens as gifts then! I am not crazy about the chicken animal though ... something about giving a white stuffed animal to a small child spells trouble for me. Thanks for the reviews. I need to pop one into the cd player and see how my DS likes it!

s7714
01-15-2007, 12:01 AM
We all love Philadelphia Chicken here. I like Dog Train a lot, but my DDs don't seem to be as into rock as their mama! ;) Rhino Tap has a couple of cute songs, but overall I don't think it's as good as the others. I want to get the Grunt! CD too, but just haven't gotten around to it yet.

For gifts I'd go with Philadelphia Chickens, without a doubt!

Jennifer
Mommy to
Miss Pure Energy 3/03
Miss Limit Tester 6/05

Our bones may be brittle, but our spirit is unbreakable.
Osteogenesis Imperfecta www.oif.org

mainepotato
01-15-2007, 01:19 AM
Rhinoceros Tap is our household favorite. Even DH enjoys it. The only song I skip is the Lonely Peas song because it's slow and the girls can't wait to get to the Bad Babies song right after it. Perfect Piggies is my favorite.

We like Philadelphia Chickens for a change, but Rhino Tap is always the first choice. We don't listen to Dog Train much.

greatcanuk
01-20-2007, 04:25 AM
Rhinocerous Tap is our favorite--lately, DD and I have been singing snippets of somem of the songs throughout the day.

DebbieJ
01-20-2007, 10:56 AM
You could get the Philadelphia Chickens CD with the pig stuffed animal. The pig is classic Boynton.

~ deb
DS born at home 12/03
Breastfeeding After Reduction is possible! www.bfar.org

http://www.bfar.org/members/fora/style_avatars/Ribbons/18months-bfar.jpg

BaileyBea
01-21-2007, 08:17 PM
I"m not crazy about it either and it's been 6 months! I keep thinking it's going to grow on me but I dread listening to it. UGH!

I do love Philedelphia Chickens best but Rhino.. Tap is very good as well.

Nancy

BeachBum
01-22-2007, 08:51 AM
Rhino Tap is our fav. We had it before the other two though...Dog Train is our least fav.

AngelaS
01-23-2007, 06:40 AM
Philedelphia Chickens is our favorite too. But Rhinocerous Tap's a close second. We love the sailing song on that one as well as the Lonely Peas song.

We just got Dog Train so we're still deciding which are our favorites. I think "I Need a Nap" might be mine. :D