PDA

View Full Version : Tricycle for 18 mo old--what do you think of the Kiddi-o Supertrike 1

basilicali
01-22-2007, 08:30 PM
HI! I am looking for a tricycle for my 18 mo old--she's quite tall for her age, we tried a Kettler junior and she could actually almost get the pedals all the way round.

I was looking on the internet and found this:
http://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=2526975&cp=&sr=1&f=Taxonomy%2FTRUS%2F2254197&origkw=kettler&kw=kettler&parentPage=search
only $20, I went to my local TRU but it is made in China? I guess the older version is made in Germany.
Do you think this is a good deal?

I was also looking at the Supertrike 4, but they don't have it instore and over $20 for shipping really irks me.
http://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=2420023&cp=&sr=1&f=Taxonomy%2FTRUS%2F2254197&origkw=kettler&kw=kettler&parentPage=search

I also saw a Kettler splash for $50 at a local baby store and my local Learning Express has 25% off Kettlers.

What to do?

Thanks!
Karen
:7

o_mom
01-22-2007, 08:38 PM
We just got the ST1 on Saturday. DS2 just barely reaches the pedals at 21 mos, but he loves it. DS1 won't ride it, but he has issues, LOL (see the thread in the lounge about riding carousels). I do think the ST4 would be better, especially with a push bar, but I wasn't willing to pay the online prices.

We don't have a good place to ride outside, so it is being used on our sun porch right now.

I think for $20 it is a pretty good buy. I couldn't find much in that price range that seemed any better. If we ever manage to move somewhere with a place to ride I may consider something better, but for a starter trike it seems pretty good.

stefani
01-23-2007, 01:07 AM
We have The Supertrike 1, and DS loves it now. We bought it last Christmas when DS was a little over 2 years old. At first he would not ride it long enough, but now he does and he can go quite fast! The push bar would have been nice, but since DS was a little older, we did not really need it. It would be nice to be able to just push it when DS did decide to stop riding a few blocks away from the house, though!

brittone2
01-23-2007, 08:21 AM
Kids don't typically pedal independently until more like 2.5-3. If you think from watching her she'd be able to do it soon though, go for it. If not, I'd either opt for something w/ a pushbar or wait until she's at least 2. Of course, there are kids that can pedal independently sooner. Maybe you have one of them :)