PDA

View Full Version : Play Wonder at Target- What new stuff have you seen?

taraalissa
01-23-2007, 12:12 PM
I love all things wooden for DS- I have sworn off plastic toys so the new line (2007 I guess?) of Play Wonder Toys at Target are exciting for me. I notice that the toys are coming in in dribs and drabs in the past week. And there's nothing on thier website.

Here's what I've seen so far,

Wooden Bowling Set
Wooden Banana Split
Wooden Cars with Rubber Tires
Wooden Shish-ke-Bob Set
Wooden Eggs

Wondering if anyone see any other new stuff I can look forward to.

MMMommy
01-23-2007, 12:26 PM
I've also seen the following new Play Wonder wooden items--wood crates of cherries and bananas, as well as a wooden S'mores set and wooden bbq food set. Very cute!

DDowning
01-23-2007, 12:30 PM
I'm in the middle of planning for DD's 2nd birthday party and I picked up two sets of the wooden spoon & egg game to use as one of the games during the party. Their are 4 spoons and eggs per set. The spoons are oversized for little toddler hands and the eggs are precracked - If they drop a little fabric egg yolk is inside that looks like a fried egg when they fall out. Too cute!

Pegessen
01-23-2007, 01:52 PM
I have seen the following wooden toys recently at Target:

breakfast food set (had to buy that for DS)
crate with mushrooms
eggs
sundae
smore set

bowling
golf
croquet
I, too, want to get the spoon & egg game for DD's birthday party

There are so many new wooden toys and I want so many of them.
I am now really getting into wooden toys (thanks to this board!) and am planning on going through the kids plastic toys this weekend and giving a lot of them away!

mom2emma
01-23-2007, 02:08 PM
I saw a really cute balance bike when I was there today!

Bess

taraalissa
01-23-2007, 02:48 PM
Anyone have the DPCI for the Spoon & Egg Game? Are both the spoons and eggs wooden?

calv
01-23-2007, 02:58 PM
the egg game sounds cute. how much is it and what does the packaging look like? Box or crate? Thanks again. :)

DDowning
01-23-2007, 03:35 PM
The packaging is clear and in about 9-10" square. I just took them out of the packaging and the spoons are molded plastic but do not have a cheap feel to them if that makes sense. The eggs are plastic as well but are much more sturdy then the ones that you might use for easter. The egg yolks inside are tiny bean bags that are painted to look like a fried egg. I was just practicing right now and the eggs won't "crack" if they are tightly closed and you get more of an effect if they are loosened slightly.

So no its not wooden but it still very cute!

ETA: Spelling and as I couldn't find the receipt and bought a bunch of things at the same time. I see the PP below me answered the question correctly! :)

Pegessen
01-23-2007, 05:48 PM
The spoon and egg game is only $5.99.
Very reasonably priced!

emily_gracesmama
01-23-2007, 07:35 PM
How do their wooden toys hold up? I have been a victim of the horrendous Melissa and Doug wooden food chipping so I am cautious!

BeachBum
02-03-2007, 08:29 AM
I had seen this thread and was so disappointed when I couldn't find this stuff at my Target.
Well I found it yesterday! And just wanted to mention that other than the fruit/eggs the items were not on the normal "create" aisle where I had been looking. The last row in my toy section had all kinds of "summer" stuff and this is where I found these items.

I thought the golf set and eggs were so cute I picked them up to save for later. DS isn't quite old enough to "get it".
I was debating with the smores and skewers and I think I am going to go back and get them.

I'm so glad you guys had an "alert" :) I wouldn't have gone looking otherwise.

TwinsItIs
02-07-2007, 01:15 AM
Our local Target doesn't carry this brand at all. I saw them in California on my visit and love their stuff.