PDA

View Full Version : small pitcher (plastic )

jrn90
01-25-2007, 01:54 PM
Hi- Wanted to teach DS (25 months old) how to drink from a real glass (no sippy top) - saw another post how they used a small pitcher and plastic cup- Have plenty of small plastic cups but no small pitcher. Anyone know where I can get a small, preferably platic pitcher? I looked at smallhands.com but all they have are glass ones, also looked at Tupperware with no luck - thanks in advance.

Twoboos
01-25-2007, 02:16 PM
Target has some at the Dollar Spot. They are around the size of a football, as it's for Superbowl! (they are plastic color though, I had to do a double-take to reaslize it's a football.) Don't know if that would be the size you're looking for, but for that price it's something to check out.

connor_mommy
01-25-2007, 04:32 PM
At out preschool, they use plastic measuring cups as pitchers.

cstack
01-27-2007, 12:26 PM
If you have a Tupperware person that you can contact, ask her/him if they have or can find someone who has a sample set of the children's impresssions set. The pitcher for that was an exact miniature of the impressions pitcher, only sized right for little hands (I think it held maybe a cup of liquid). A couple of years ago, they also gave that pitcher out as a hostess thank you type gift (pitcher only, no dishes or glasses). I know my Tupperware lady is a packrat and almost always has stuff that's not in the catalog anymore, so a tupperware rep may be able to find the pitcher (or may be able to get if for you through the parts catalog, but sometimes they don't have replacements for toys, promos).

OK, I just typed all that and I went on Ebay, searched toys for Tupperware, and hit the tupperware toy pitcher jackpot! You might still want to ask a rep first, because the stuff on ebay is not going cheap, but there is a lot of it. The pitchers with the push buttons onthe tops kind of "lock", the impressions style ones don't but stay on quite well (I have both types) if that makes a difference to you.

HTH

DrSally
01-28-2007, 09:10 PM
I saw a cute little one at Walmart that had measuring marks on the side and a lid with a circular opening.

kcimato
01-28-2007, 09:28 PM
www.forsmallhands.com has one but I think it may be glass.

eta just looked and it is glass

danagee
01-30-2007, 01:09 PM
I found a 2 cup, plastic measuring cup at Target today for 1.99. Thanks to pp for the idea!

Dana
ds 8/04 * dd 1/06

nupe
01-30-2007, 02:04 PM
Big Lots has a green rubbermaid plastic one for $4--use the 20% off coupon.

shburks
02-06-2007, 02:47 AM
I agree--use plastic measuring cups (like your typical 2 cup glass Pyrex one but in plastic) for pitchers. I taught preschool in a location where the children ate lunch "family style" and had to dip their own food and pour their own milk into cups. They used 2-cup plastic measuring cups for pitchers!