PDA

View Full Version : Is there a secret to keeping Playmobil sets together?

Beth568
01-25-2007, 03:25 PM
My SIL and BIL gave my girls a beautiful Playmobil farm for Christmas. I was, to put it mildly, a bit frustrated trying to put the thing together because it has six million tiny pieces. And now, while I like the animals and the design of the barn, I'm ready to toss it because it keeps coming apart!

Is there some secret to keeping the buildings together? Super glue? Seriously - the roof and walls keep coming unsnapped. It's really not worth the trouble to have to keep reassembling this thing.

Am I missing something?

kelly ann
01-25-2007, 07:15 PM
We are in the same boat. We bought a castle a few weeks ago for DS and I keep having to put it together. The kids are getting a little bit better about not taking apart - they wait until they are finished playing with the castle rather than when they start. Anyway, I am keeping all of the small pieces in a plastic container and I have to be asked to open the box. That way I know that the pieces are out and about.

Other than the ease that it comes apart, I love Playmobil. Looking forward to see some other responses :)

muskiesusan
01-25-2007, 07:58 PM
I like the idea of Playmobil, but honestly, it drives me nuts. The kids get so frustrated when the pieces don't stay together and there are so many small pieces they seem to end up
everywhere! I really need to be in the proper mood to get our sets out.

I personally do not get the playmobil love!

Susan
Mom to Nick 10/01
& Alex 04/04

LBW
01-25-2007, 09:40 PM
We love our Playmobil, but we don't have any of the assembled buildings, so we don't experience the falling apart problem. The little pieces are a pain, but my older son seems to have almost as much fun helping me sort through them as he does playing with them!

Maybe e-mail playmobil and ask if they have any suggestions for holding the bigger pieces together. (Isn't there a clear fun tack that is used to hold glasses & stuff in display cabinets? Maybe that would work?)

AngelaS
01-26-2007, 08:14 AM
I'm starting to think that they've changed something. We have the horse and pony ranch from a few years ago and it stays together fine. But the sets we got this Christmas are ALWAYS coming apart! The idea of a bit a glue into some of those holes kind of appeals to me....hmm....

kboyle
01-29-2007, 10:07 AM
we're a big playmobil house, but after our caster from LAST xmas, i just buy smaller stuff...it's not even a castle anymore, more of a run-down motel...it's pretty sad looking with it's missing walls and batman & superman hanging out of the windows ;)

i thought about superglue since i WANTED it to stay together and didn't really want to build on or take apart to store, but we are missing SOOO many pieces now that's its a bit too late, i'd do it though :)