PDA

View Full Version : Frustrated with swing breaking, need rec

cjjsmom121707
01-26-2007, 11:39 AM
Hi-
We have the Fisher Price Papsan Swing and our son LOVES it. The problem is - it always breaks! We are on our 3rd motor. Can anyone recommend a swing that is reliable?? I dont want to buy another that also breaks frequently. Thanks!

Radosti
01-26-2007, 11:46 AM
We have the FP Aquarium one and it's been great. We did break the motor on it 2 weeks ago, but that's because I put him in it out of sheer deperation and he's now 29 lbs, so WAYYYYY over the weight limit. I don't even think it's the motor, it just started making this awful creak with my son in it. FP is sending out another whole motor and we'll just pack the whole thing away for the next one with the new motor.

Tondi G
01-26-2007, 06:20 PM
I second the recommendation to swap it for the FP aquarium swing. Everyone I know who has/had one loves it and have had no problems!

youngmommy
01-29-2007, 03:05 PM
Wow! I was looking at the Papasan swing in anticipation of our next DC. Does breaking seem to be a common problem with this swing? I would hate to spend big bucks on one if that's the case.

cindys
01-31-2007, 08:17 PM
We have the Papasan Swing and LOVE it....We have never had one problem of any kind with it..My 10 month old still takes his naps in it and he is at the weight limit.

This swing is by far the best baby item we have!!

Cindy

MATTYSMOMMY
02-01-2007, 02:37 PM
I know everyone complains about Graco, but their new Lovin' Hug swings are the best. They hold babies up to 30 pounds. It reclined like the papasan and sits up. Only place my DS will nap. It is a life saver, I bought 2 one for upstairs and one for down.