PDA

View Full Version : Kids folding table and chairs at CVS

Pegessen
01-27-2007, 08:52 AM
Anyone have this? I have been wanting to get a table and chair set for the kids but we really do not have alot of room until we finish our basement this fall. DS and I were in CVS and they have the folding table and chairs (looks like a kids version of a card table and chairs) and it seemed like it was really well made. I was worried about the chairs closing up on DS but they have a child safety thing on them so that wouldn't be a concern.

I love the colors, blue table and red, blue, green and yellow chairs (same colors that the playroom will be done in. I love the fact that I can close them up and move them out of the way if need be. The table is on sale for $9.99 and the chairs are $5.99

Just wondering if anyone has any experience with this set. It seemed very sturdy, much sturdier than the wood set that I thought about purchasing from Bed Bath and Beyond!

Thanks for any input!

cstack
01-27-2007, 11:41 AM
I don't have it, but I've seen it in use IRL. The table is like a card table (really popular in the 70's). It's fairly sturdy. Obviously it won't take the beating a good wooden set will, but it will hold up to normal use for a while. If, when your playroom is done, you want a really good wooden set, either stick with the more pricy manufacturers like PBK or try to find a local craftsman to make you one. DS had one that looked like the legs were made out of pencils, but it was not a well made one. It held up fine through him until he was 2 because he is a very gently child, but I don't think it did so well with the little girl I passed it down to because she's a rougher player.

A couple of things I noticed: The ones I've seen had a vinyl covered table top and the vinyl top is probably not the greatest idea and that will take the most beating on the table. If it gets a cut or a split, and little fingers get in there to check it out, it will tear fairly easily (I've seen one that is mostly "de-vinyled" because of this and others with smaller holes). I've seen the chairs get bent, and again, the vinyl becomes an issue.

Since it's not too pricy, and it fits your needs right now, I'd go for it. If you love it, wonderful, and if not, you can always find something else when you're ready.

Pegessen
01-27-2007, 12:11 PM
Thanks Carla!

I was thinking the same thing, it will meet our needs for now and when our playroom is done then we will spend good money for a nice wood set. I have already bought the Alex Deluxe Art table for the
kids for Christmas (got it at LNT for only $20.00 down from $99)
so I am not really sure if I would need another set for them or not.

Thanks for your input!

Corie
01-28-2007, 09:55 PM
Several of my old neighbors had these folding table and chairs. They weren't used
as their playroom sets though. My friends would pull them out for birthday parties,
neighborhood functions, etc. I thought they were great.

I would love a set for this reason! We already have a wood table and chairs for
the kids playroom.